View Full Version : Bumper

Ben
2nd August 2010, 12:10 AM
Seriously, do Apple really think customers buying this extremely expensive and luxurious device are going to be happy wrapping it in something that I can only equate to tupperware? What prat thought these flimsy pieces of plastic and rubber were a good idea?

I thought it'd be a better fit and all rubber (or some rubber-like magic Apple material, like the iPad case). It's actually pretty nasty and makes the stunning iPhone 4 look thoroughly ordinary.

If I'd paid £25 for one of these, which I almost did but deleted it from my order due to shipping delays, I'd most definitely be wanting a refund.

Yuck. I'll keep it on as long as I can bear it as punishment for breaking the first phone.

@NickyColman
2nd August 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm not so keen on mine either.

It looks 'nice' as far as cases are concerned. But it just makes the slim iPhone 4 feel huge, like a 3GS with a case on.

I *may* use it at work so I can lay it on my desk, but mostly due to the fact no dock can fit it, iPhone will be lying flat out on its back most of the day.

Ben
2nd August 2010, 05:34 PM
iPhone will be lying flat out on its back most of the day.
Alright for some, ey?

I also like the fact that it keeps the iPhone off the desk. But Apple have succeeded in making their own extraordinary phone look so completely ordinary, I just can't fathom why The Steve allowed it.

And as for price - a fiver, surely!

@NickyColman
2nd August 2010, 05:40 PM
The price was wack like! Its Apple's premium pricing going too far.

Its a shame they chose to only allow the black version of the Bumper. I dont think it would be so bad if it was a funky colour. But black creates the feeling the phone is bigger than it actually is.

Ben
2nd August 2010, 06:18 PM
Hmm yeah I'd have preferred a blue one.

The volume rocker is sooo recessed now, fiddly as hell. Engineering a better solution for that clearly couldn't be justified in the £25 price tag!

@NickyColman
3rd August 2010, 03:38 PM
Well, just got in from my first full day with a Bumper on iPhone. Still not that impressed.

The Bumper makes the iPhone chunky and feel cheaper. Yeah, its great being able to lay iPhone flat out on a desk or propped up against a keyboard, but the hassle of pulling the rubber from my pocket (ooerrr o_O) is just annoying.

I dont think Bumper and iPhone will be playing with each other anymore.

MrBriz
3rd August 2010, 04:13 PM
I actually like my bumper... but for one reason only..... it protects my phone :D

I've dropped it twice now (I'm a bit cluimsy!) and both times the bumper has been dented, but the phone has come away unscathed. I dread to think what would have happend to the phone sans bumper.

At first I wasn't a fan of it, yes it makes the phone feel a little more chunky, but I've actually gotten used to this, and now the phone feels strange without one.

Each to their own I guess.

Ben
3rd August 2010, 05:49 PM
They could've at least used a nicer material. Something thinner and made from the iPad case material probably would have been nice...

Still got mine on, just about. Hate it... lessons will be learnt.