View Full Version : New Samsung 3G handsets

3g-g
16th June 2005, 12:24 AM
Samsung rolling out a few lovely 3G handsets, I'm quite impressed. I think this could be the company to bring the size right down and make 3G handsets as acceptable as 2G. And one's a 7 mega pix camera!! That's better than my camera as it is!!!

There's some pics attached of the ones closest to launch with their model number.

Samsung Electronics has launched a range of 3G handsets, while also announcing its mobile convergence strategy with a portfolio of about 50 new products at CommunicAsia 2005 in Singapore.

The company has launched the SGH-Z700, SGH-Z500, SGH-Z300, SGH-Z130 and SGH-Z140 handsets, which will be available in Southeast Asia by the end of this year.

"Southeast Asia is a key growth market for Samsung," said Kitae Lee, president, telecommunication network business - Samsung Electronics. "We are committed to trailblazing the high-end 3G market with innovative multimedia devices that enhance today's mobile lifestyle with greater efficiency and convenience. As part of our regional business strategy, we will launch a full line up of five new 3G phones in the Southeast Asian market by the end of this year."

Samsung also demonstrated the benefits of mobile WiMax technology at the event with terminals and systems.

"As a visionary technology company, Samsung leads the industry by evolving mobile phones into multifunctional devices that deliver multi-services and entertainment," Lee said Lee.

The company unveiled several key products - a 7-Megapixel camera phone - SCH-V770 and a sliding phone with a 2-Megapixel camera - SGH-D600. It also introduced Satellite Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (S-DMB), Terrestrial DMB (T-DMB), and DVB-H solutions to push mobile broadcasting.