View Full Version : Vodafone Upgrade Experience

3GScottishUser
12th August 2010, 12:09 PM
I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S on Vodafone UK and it was more of a challenge than it probably should have been.

I got the usual upgrade advice text and went straight to the Vodafone site to see what they had available. On my price plan (£35 a month) they were offering a lot of old rubbish handsets so i decided to look at a new handset and price plan. I found the Galaxy S and selected it with the same number of minutes and texts i had previously, it was only £30 a month BUT the handset was a £150 upgrade!

Time to call customer services as the website stated that all existing Vodafone customers get offered the same great deals as new customers and the Galaxy S was on offer on the site for free, £30 a month with 600 X/Net mins, Unlimited SMS and 1024MB of data per month. I got a guy in the UK and explained my problem and he replied that 'new customers always get a slightly better deal when buying a new handset and contract'. Really?, I replied and directed him to the upgrade page stating the policy re existing and new customers. After a lot of supervisor to-ing and froing he eventually agreed to do the upgrade at the same terms offered to a new customer, result! Problem is, I should not have had that hassle in the first place!

Anyway, phone arrived faster than promised and I checked on-line to review the change to my contract. Just as well as they had only given me 500MB of data! Another call to customer service and a young lady who listened to my concern about not being provided with the published offer as agreed. She then told me that Vodafone don't do 1GB of data on any of their price plans! So yet again I had to direct a Vodafone CS rep to the appropriate section of their website and asked her what she saw on the screen! Of course it's 1024MB of data and she then said they don't give that to customers on upgrades! I was getting a bit fed-up with the nonsense and told her to get a supervisor and get the allownace rectified or I would hold them in breach of contract and would return the handset and demand a PAC code as I was entitled to under the distance selling regulations. It took all of 20 minutes for her to ring back with the news that the data allownace had been increased, because I was a nice loyal customer! (Nothing to do with the fact that was what they were advertising on their site of course!)

So a pretty choppy ride to get what it says on the Vodafone website. I am guessing many would simply not notice or not bother but I was determined to get what they promised me when I agreed on the deal.

Ben
12th August 2010, 10:19 PM
Appalling. I don't know what's wrong with Vodafone at the moment I really don't.

Thanks for sharing!

Hands0n
12th August 2010, 10:30 PM
And meanwhile Three are [finally] upping their game. Even reports about the fabled Indian CS are coming through favourable!

I really cannot believe that I just wrote that!