View Full Version : Mobile WiFi has arrived on Vodafone!

Ben
16th August 2010, 04:51 PM
Vodafone's Mobile WiFi option is go thanks to another little branded Huawei modem/router. While looking very different, the insides of the device are probably the same as Three's latest MiFi.

As always seems to be the case with Vodafone these days, there's a catch. The cheapest option will see you pay £49 for the device and then £15/month for 3GB of data.

On Three you'll pay £39.99 for the device and £15/month for 5GB of data. On a network that'll have 98% 3G population coverage by the end of the year. Yes, that's more than Vodafone - I'd bet a lot more.

But here's the kicker; Vodafone's offer is on an 18 month commitment. Three will tie you in for just 30 days.

The only drawbacks to Three are that you might not be able to use GSM (though with their coverage these days this isn't much of an issue for mobile broadband because if they don't have 3G then at most you'll get GPRS from a competitor) and that the out of bundle charges are 10p/MB rather than Vodafone's attractive £15/GB. But with a whole 2GB extra 'free' from Three, the likelihood of ending up out-of-bundle is lower.

Three also has My3, a service that doesn't even require a login when you're on the connection and accurately tells you via a web page how much data you've got left. No software to contend with.

I'm very pleased to see Mobile WiFi from Vodafone. Now go and buy it from Three.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband-devices/mobile-wi-fi