View Full Version : What 3G Camera?

Hands0n
16th June 2005, 04:42 PM
No, this is not yet another new magazine. We certainly have enough of those to keep the boredom at bay.

Ole Bleubean and I had a chat on the Forum a while back about the cameras in the 3G handsets and it got me to thinking. What 3G phone actually does have the best camera then? For sure, cameras in phones are a fairly recent phenomenon - in the overall history of mobile telephony. Many question even why we should have such things. But one thing is for certain, they are not going away any time real soon now.

So to the topic of this thread - what is the camera quality actually like in these handsets?

As a bit of a starter, and being the Forum's own Threepoint (according to Ben lol) I offer for your delectation images from three of the 3G handsets that I actually have in my posession. These are all taken using the highest resolution possible for the camera. They are taken in natural daylight and are of an outdoor scene.

What I want from you is your own offerings in this thread. Let us see what your camera can really do. Is 1.3MP really that much better than 1.2MP? Is there variable quality between the same handset - i.e. does your camera take better/worse pictures than what gets posted on here?

Only post pix taken with a 3G camera please (to keep in the spirit of this Forum)

Please try and take your photographs using similar lighting as these to provide a reasonly fair comparison. The subject matter is not strictly important, but I'd suggest going for as much colour variation as you can find to hand.

While perhaps not the definitive source of camera quality, this should however make an interesting looksee into what the actual camera quality is like. So, my starter for ten follows.

Enjoy :)

Hands0n
16th June 2005, 04:44 PM
This is taken with a Motorola E1000 at the highest 1.2Mpixel setting

Hands0n
16th June 2005, 04:45 PM
This is taken with a Motorola A835 at its highest 640x480 setting

Hands0n
16th June 2005, 04:46 PM
This is taken with an LG U8110 at its highest 640x480 setting

All the above were taken within minutes of eachother - so the daylight will be fairly constant.

getti
16th June 2005, 08:30 PM
Not wanting to hijack this thread but..... i have set up an online photo album for all 3g camera phone pics. You can comment and rate them, also upload your own and you dont even need to join!.

www.todayon3g.co.uk/photos/