View Full Version : Can I add bits and pieces from old backups to iphone

blush
23rd August 2010, 10:27 AM
After changing from a 3gs to a 4 and back I seem to have lost entries from my calendar prior to June 2010. Hopefully somewhere in an older backup I have the calendar data to put back on the phone. Can I browse backups somehow to add and remove bits and bobs.

I used to sync the calendar with MS Outlook but have not for ages so the only calendar data would be in old backups.

I think my wife's 3g has all the calendar entries on it so the only thing I can think of is to sign up for a mobileme trial and sync calendars that way.

Ben
23rd August 2010, 01:31 PM
I don't think you can get them from the old backups, no :(

You could sync via Google Calendar though, I think? Or just go with the MobileMe trial... if you've never tried MobileMe then I'd recommend giving it a go anyway to be honest, I love it.

blush
23rd August 2010, 03:37 PM
In the end I found I had backed the calendar up on outlook a month ago before deleting the calendar completely. I copied the data to outlook and synced the iPhone again.

I must sign up for MobileMe again, I think it's very handy.

Ben
23rd August 2010, 04:10 PM
I had a look on my MobileMe after reading your post and went onto Find my iPhone.

I was quite surprised when my iPad popped up as being at home. Checked my case and, yep, I've not got it :D I know it's a feature of limited use but, oh, so cool.