View Full Version : Blackberry's Playbook to Challenge IPad

3GScottishUser
28th September 2010, 10:52 AM
Details have now emerged about RIM's new tablet which has been called the Playbook.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/maggieshiels/2010/09/tablet_wars_-_blackberrys_play.html

miffed
28th September 2010, 11:05 AM
I can't see the point in it ? What can you do on that that you can't do more comfortably on a Netbook ?

and then there's the price !!

Ben
28th September 2010, 02:30 PM
It's not a Blackberry.

However, it's important that RIM diversifies, and it seems to feel that the tablet space would be a good one for it to engage in.

The groundings of the new OS they have chosen seem promising.

The success or failure of this product, and range, will no doubt come down to whether it can find a place amongst the iOS and Android devices. Apps are key, and currently only Apple has a decent selection for a tablet.

Flash, and talk of Java, are nice to see :) I do side with Steve when it comes to these, though - they risk ruining the user experience, not making it better.

hecatae
28th September 2010, 02:50 PM
I cant justify a Playbook as a work expense

Hands0n
28th September 2010, 08:51 PM
The Playbook perpetuates the reliance on BlackBerry (BIS or BIS) for Internet on the move service, so I have read. Allegedly it relies upon a tether to a regular BB handset. The article I read suggested that BB are going for the Enterprise space with their tablet. Good luck to them on that then.