View Full Version : Issue with orange Huawei e1752

stewhite83
3rd November 2010, 02:16 PM
Hi all,

wonder if you could help me.

I have just got the Huaweu e1752 dongle on Orange and it simply isn't working.

When I plug it in, it says installing drivers and when I look at the drivers that it is installing, it mentions vodafone drivers for some reason. I used to have a vodafone dongle, but I have uninstalled the software for it.

When the drivers are installed, I go in to my orange Mobile broadband software and it simply says 'preparing device' but never actually connects.

Could anyone help with what I need to do?

Thanks

Ben
3rd November 2010, 02:18 PM
Hey, welcome to Talk3G! :)

Sounds like you have remnants of the old software hanging around. What operating system are you using?

stewhite83
3rd November 2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks.

Windows 7 64bit

Ben
3rd November 2010, 02:46 PM
Ok this might help: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

Or just Google for "remove drivers windows 7" or the like.

My advice would be to start by uninstalling everything to do with the new dongle as well as the old one, then find the drivers for both as well and remove those. Shut down, start up, install anew. Fingers crossed it'll not get confused this time.

See, this is why I'm totally loving MiFi! The software and drivers for these dongles is absolutely atrocious.

stewhite83
3rd November 2010, 04:08 PM
You are an absolute legend Ben. I am sending this from my new connection!!!

I used your link above and I got a little further. when I looked at the drivers being installed, I saw one called 'vodafone mobile broadband secondary port modem (huawei)(COM18)'. Did a search on google for 'uninstall vodafone mobile broadband secondary port modem (huawei) (COM18)' and it brought up this link. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/45711-k3565-modem-not-self-installing/ . Although it was not with regards to the same dongle I have, it gave some good advice on which drivers to uninstall.

cheers for the help pal!

Ben
3rd November 2010, 04:42 PM
Really pleased you're up and running! Mobile broadband strikes again :D

Hands0n
4th November 2010, 01:21 AM
Awww, I missed all the fun :D

Totally agree, the MiFi is the way forward, as evidenced by all of the other mobile network operators finally adopting a make and model of such. This will see the end of the ridiculous issues we see with stuck drivers and registry orphans all over the place in that nasty nasty Windows thing. :D