View Full Version : T Mobile put the T in Tedious.

The Mullet of G
16th November 2010, 05:16 PM
Having had to endure 18 months of abject misery on the T Mobile network I thought I was finally free, oh how wrong I was.

My time with T Mobile was bad from the outset, first off they put me on an 18 month contract even though I requested 12, they also failed to point out that the contract cost would go up by £10 after the first 3 months. Since then I have refused to pay them every month until they got 3rd party debt collection agencies to call me, at which point I gave them the run about for a week or so before paying, I felt by doing this T Mobile would get less of my money and would at least have to work for it, as the actual quality of service they were offering was almost non existent due to poor network coverage.

Finally I reached the end of my contract but yet not the end of the tedium, T Mobile then started to act like a jealous spurned ex, claiming a late payment charge on my last bill which was incidentally the only one I did actually pay on time, and then by sending me bills months later saying I had spent nothing and was thus owe them nothing, seriously if I owe you nothing then stop sending me bills.

The final straw came when I sold my old phone and requested an unlock code from T Mobile, they stated it would take up to 28 working days, this was on the 3rd of October, as of the time of writing this I still haven't received that code. I called them to complain and also to demand a refund as I no longer needed the code, I argued that they'd failed to provide the code in the time frame specified in their own T&C's and thus they were in breach of contract and should refund my money, T Mobile chose to stonewall me with Indian idiots who wouldn't budge from the script they had been dealt.

At this point I contacted Consumer Direct who advised me that they felt I was legally entitled to a refund on the grounds that T Mobile were in breach of contract.

I would like to take this opportunity to warn anyone considering joining T Mobile to consider their options carefully, if I can save just one person from enduring a similar fate then my job here is done.

Hands0n
16th November 2010, 07:34 PM
Another dreadful experience at the hands of an Indian call centre. When will these companies ever learn that it simply does not work in terms of true customer satisfaction. I doubt if anyone working off-script would have put you through that experience.

Ben
16th November 2010, 08:14 PM
lol @ 28 days! A colleague went ape at Orange because they said he'd have to wait just a few.

He went so ape that they gave it him over the phone ;)

Roll on Everything Everywhere Mediocre! :D

The Mullet of G
16th November 2010, 08:24 PM
The worst part is when I initially phoned up and ran the gauntlet through the daft automated voice thing, looking for the option for "I hate you give me my unlock code or a refund" I ended up getting through to the "I'm thinking of leaving T Mobile" option and it was a British guy, within 10 seconds he randomly cut me off, so I phoned back and got an Irish girl who I could hardly understand, upon briefly explaining my problem she made me phone back again and select other options, apparently they couldn't just transfer me to the number I needed.

It seems once they found out I'd already left T Mobile and merely wanted to moan and get the unlock code I'd paid for, they palmed me off onto Indians to try and stonewall me. I even tried going up through the chain of command, speaking to the first persons manager, then his manager, but was met with the same stonewalling tactics of refusing to listen to what you are saying, and instead repeating stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with anything relevant. They first tried to claim it was 28 working days and not just 28 days, when I pointed out it had now been 30+ working days, he still continued to stick to his guns on the 28 working days thing and repeated it over and over, eventually conceding the point after about 15 minutes, only to do the same again and again until he put me on hold then cut me off.

Seriously worst service ever, for me its a point of principle I paid £15 for something which by the very definition of T Mobiles own T&C's they have failed outright to provide, surely any company with at least a shred of decency would simply refund what is a paltry sum to them and simply move on.

The Mullet of G
16th November 2010, 08:27 PM
lol @ 28 days! A colleague went ape at Orange because they said he'd have to wait just a few.

He went so ape that they gave it him over the phone ;)

Roll on Everything Everywhere Mediocre! :D

I totally agree, when they said it could take up to 28 days I jokingly had a pop at them about it. I never actually expected it to take that long, never mind longer.

They should have called themselves Nothing Nowhere Never, definitely a melding of two mediocre entities. :D

getti
16th November 2010, 09:08 PM
Although i work for the company in sales i am a customer too and have to use the normal CS lines as everyone else. I called up the other day to get something sorted on my account and within a few minutes it was all done and finished.

I had an issue with Vodafone overcharging me for the 5th month in a row and its taken an age to sort it out and for someone to fix it. Compared to 3CS, T-Mobile are in a different league, yes its still not UK but miles better than 3

The Mullet of G
16th November 2010, 10:09 PM
Although i work for the company in sales i am a customer too and have to use the normal CS lines as everyone else. I called up the other day to get something sorted on my account and within a few minutes it was all done and finished.

I had an issue with Vodafone overcharging me for the 5th month in a row and its taken an age to sort it out and for someone to fix it. Compared to 3CS, T-Mobile are in a different league, yes its still not UK but miles better than 3

Shill. :p

The Mullet of G
18th November 2010, 12:21 PM
So my unlock code finally arrived today, at least I assume thats what it is, I refuse to open it for legal reasons. The important part is the date on the postmark is 16/11/10 which is past the 28 working days stated in the T&C's, its also well after the date that T Mobile claimed to have sent it when I called them. I think I might have fun with this one... :)

DBMandrake
18th November 2010, 01:03 PM
If you don't open it, how do you know it's the unlock code ? ;)

The Mullet of G
18th November 2010, 02:39 PM
If you don't open it, how do you know it's the unlock code ? ;)

Schrödinger's cat told me. :D

They have no reason to contact me other than to send the unlock code, also the postmark date is the day after I lambasted them for their failure on providing the unlock code, so its either a groveling apology or the unlock code, and judging by their poor attitude to customer service I'm guessing its the latter if I'm lucky. But I want a refund not a code. :D

The Mullet of G
29th November 2010, 02:04 AM
Having spent the last couple of weeks slowly crushing T Mobile they have finally capitulated. Not only are they refunding my £15 but they are throwing an extra fiver my way, probably in the hopes that I'll say nice things about them. Either way a jolly good result all round if I do say so myself. :)

Ben
29th November 2010, 05:04 PM
I think you're probably due more credit for your perseverance than T-Mobile are for their eventual credit.

The Mullet of G
29th November 2010, 10:23 PM
Yup, I would agree. :D

They really didn't want to hand back my money, but after they'd failed to stonewall me with the infuriating Indians via phone, I pummeled them on Twitter and then launched my email campaign. They tried valiantly to ignore me for a bit and it worked on Twitter, but it was a futile tactic and I simply stepped up my email barrage until they were broken and making reparations.

It would seem that the classic three pronged attack is the way forward, combined with lots of persistence. :D