View Full Version : Annoying Appstore updates - I am not paying twice , thanks !

miffed
1st December 2010, 09:22 AM
I am getting a little fed up with this problem

Over the past year or so , on the iPad & iPhones , I get a notification telling me that updates are ready

So I select "update all" , then , I get a message telling me something along the lines of "Update is only free for those that purchased a full version at full price" (Yes , I did !!)
"To continues , click cancel or buy " - No , I refuse to buy the bloody thing AGAIN , so I'll cancel - If I give in and click "buy" , invariably I get "This item is currently being modified" or something !!

I did toy with the idea that even if I click "Buy" , I will not actually be charged ..... so I have (in a controlled fashion) been clicking the "Buy" option recently ... Now usually I get the "This item is currently being modified" thing , but a few apps have been download , and I WAS billed for them a second time !

Am I the only person having this trouble ?

Hands0n
1st December 2010, 10:12 AM
I've not experienced this at all, yet. But will watch the dialogue boxes carefully in future :)

Ben
1st December 2010, 10:20 AM
I haven't had a problem, but then I don't have many apps. Perhaps this lies more with the developer milking for more money?

bsrjl1
1st December 2010, 11:27 AM
Sure you haven't purchased with one iTunes account, and now have another one sync'd to the device?

The Mullet of G
1st December 2010, 12:17 PM
I get that warning from time to time, but only when I accidentally try to update apps that I haven't actually paid for....yes I'm dirty filthy pirate, but I'm proud of it.

The thing that annoys me most about re-downloading apps that you've already paid for is that you have to take a leap of faith, rather than point out that you've already paid and can download it for free, it makes you click the "Buy" button again.

miffed
1st December 2010, 01:18 PM
LOL , I have actually gone through both the scenarios that the previous two posts cover , thinking this was the cause !!

Firstly , Yes I did use two iTunes accounts at one point , but I deleted all trace of all apps from one , and re-installed / puchased with my main account - I was convinced this would end my troubles , but it didn't

Then ,

I did have a few naughty apps on there , I used that app to remove the false metadata ..... But was still getting the problems , but now I have a non Jailbroken device I am still having similar problems

Got to the point now where I am considering deleting all my apps and "stealing" them all back !! :D ...at least I know where I stand then !!