View Full Version : Going around in circles !

miffed
6th December 2010, 02:31 PM
Was talking to a mate this morning , he was proudly showing of his Galaxy Tab.

"Is that an iPad ?" asked another customer ? ...

"No , its better than an iPad" he replied , causing me to spit my coffee out in a comedy style ...

And then it dawned on me , that the last time we had this conversation , was when the iPhone came out , and he was getting an LG Viewty (remember that awesome device ? ) , ....and then again when the iPhone 3G came out (can't remember which "better" device he was getting then ) - after which point he got an iPhone and stopped pretending everything else is >= it !

And then , when you start to look around a bit , you see it is generally the same people that were desperately holding up one "iPhone killer" after the next (before binning them !) that are now doing the same with all the "iPad Killers" (Despite the fact that 99% went on to get iPhones anyway !)

What is it ? Wishful thinking on their part ? or were they abused by Apple farmers as children or something ?

History has taught us that they should simply bin their Android Tabs and buy the next gen iPad , as it will abe a good 2-3 years befrore anyone even comes close to selling anything comparable !! :cool:

Ben
6th December 2010, 03:58 PM
What is it ? Wishful thinking on their part ? or were they abused by Apple farmers as children or something ?
Love it!

I suppose the search for the next big/cool gadget goes on. I surrendered to Apple and can wholeheartedly say that my life is better for it, but I guess some folk will just keep pushing in the hope that they're first on the next bandwagon. However, the need to then make such bold claims about their latest 'discovery' can only be for self-justification purposes. They need to realise that in everyone else's eyes they just look like a psychopath and, what's worse, when something really good does come along no one is going to take their word for it.

The Mullet of G
7th December 2010, 07:55 AM
Not everyone wants to use their stuff the same way. :)