View Full Version : Do you use original brands or not?

ChesterCun
15th February 2011, 08:37 AM
When it comes to electronics brands, in how far do you guys use the original accessories (chargers, headphones, etc)? I got an iPad & MacBook, and I only purchase original Apple accessories, but my friends are always telling me off that I pay too much for those.
:oHow do you go about it?

Ben
15th February 2011, 08:42 AM
I always try to buy original accessories, but I think your friends are right; we get bent over a barrel for the privilege.

If I've got a nice piece of kit then I like to augment it with other nice pieces of kit, and 9 times out of 10 the original branded accessory is just a 'better fit'.

These days I try not to buy too many accessories at all, mind you. The amount of Nokia stuff I used to get - eek!

ChesterCun
17th February 2011, 05:02 AM
Haha... whoa.. that brings me back to the Nokia days! Same here... I used to by the full equipment..
Now you know you don't need 3 extra covers, cases, headsets, standards... XD

Ben
17th February 2011, 09:34 AM
I've got the travel charger with the wind-up cord and fold-up plug (lol! used it like once) and even the BT keyboard (sort-of never used this...)! That said, when I had my SE phase I had the BT R/C Car attachment... wahay cooler than anything Nokia put out ;)