View Full Version : The best handsets on Three

miffed
1st April 2005, 01:35 PM
It's been a over 2 years now and it's fair to say that "lessons have been learnt" in terms of the handsets that are available to us ,
Admittedly , there are still problems with many , but compared to the handsets available as recently as a year ago , things have definately improved in general

So what, in YOUR opinion , is the best handset that is / has been available on Three ? (for the purposes of the poll , I have had to categorise the handsets , but feel free to elaborate in your posts

Please give details of your good & bad experiences too

miffed
1st April 2005, 01:49 PM
I have voted for the Motorola UIX's

Having owned all three , I have to say I was really impressed & had very few problems with these

They managed to hold my attention for long enough to still be interested by the time the a1000 came around - as someone who changes handsets very often , for me to buy virtually the same handset three times running says something ! - the only downside is , by the time I got my hands on an a1000 , I had already had a year of experience of the UIX's so I got bored very quickly with it , If it had been my first UIX handset , It would have held my attention for a lot longer !

I have to add , that as far as straightforward phones go , my vote would have gone for the LG's , My 8110 is a pleasure to use , and is virtually problem free , other than the small charging error that I have mentioned in the LG section - but being a PDA man , I had to vote accordingly !

Ben
1st April 2005, 01:50 PM
LMAO - your avatar scared the hell outta me :D You n Anna huh? :p

Well, with only a limited experience of Three, I'm going to say the best handset is the Nokia 7600, which will quickly be superceded by whatever Nokia they release next. Despite not having video calling, this, for me, was the phone that really brought Three into the mainstream - and it's all thanks to CPW! Apparently people actually queued outside stores for this little weirdly shaped phone!

Hands0n
3rd April 2005, 07:14 PM
I voted for the Motorola E1000 - its solid and it rocks. I used to dislike Moto's texting but have got used to it after a few days. Cant say that any of the other handsets on Three float my boat or spin my wheels at the moment. Next?

dgilbert2
20th August 2005, 10:02 AM
Just bought a Motorola C975 for my parents on 3. They did have a Nokia 7600. For voice calls it is superior, no break up or dropped calls like they used to get from the 7600 when using it from their living room!

It may be cheap but the "radio peformance" is top notch!