View Full Version : Upgrade on 3 available

bsrjl1
21st June 2005, 09:59 AM
Spoke to the upgrades dept last night, took my details then offered me a 6680 free as an upgrade (I'm on T&T600 with AVV bundle). 12 month extension. Should be delivered tomorrow :-)

Ben
21st June 2005, 11:26 AM
Ah, congratulations on the handset, commiserations on the sentence! ;)

Can't wait to hear how you get on with it, it's a cracking phone but it's very data-centric.

bsrjl1
21st June 2005, 11:54 AM
I've been really happy with 3 over the last 11 months. OK so calls drop in the car, but the 7600 isn't a bad handset. Wife's 6680 consistently beats it hands down for RF performance - mine drops out in the house sometimes, hers holds a call no problems.

Works out at £280 due to Advocate discount. And I manage to expense most of my blils to my company! Plus I get a day working from home, waiting for the courier!

It is hard to use the phone to it's full potential without open Internet access. Won't need to carry palmtop for GPS, but can't get rid of the Blackberry quite yet..

3GScottishUser
21st June 2005, 08:19 PM
It's really pretty shocking that folks have to carry 2 mobille devices to access the range of services they need.

OK if you can afford the luxury of 2 mobiles but a no brainer for most folks.

When are Hutchison UK going to address this nonsense.

bsrjl1
21st June 2005, 09:54 PM
I don't *need* to carry the BB; could always set 3 to pick up mail/forward to 3mail. But my company pays for it - I guess many people will have their own phone & a company phone. Still 3 & BB on O2 still work out cheaper than a combined package on any other operator for the same usage (500 xnet minutes, 100 txtx, 20 video MMS, 20 video minutes, fair bit of content & 5Mb data on the BB) - totals £41. Can they?

Jon3G
21st June 2005, 10:02 PM
I didnt know 3 were offering the 6680 direct through upgrade, i know they have the 6630 listed.

http://www.three.co.uk/handsets/paymonthlyhandsets.omp

you sure they have not offered you the 6630 or is it through a independant

bsrjl1
22nd June 2005, 12:09 PM
No it's definitely a 6680 as I have it in grubby mits now! It was only released officially by 3 on Monday.

Different packaging to the one my wife got from e2save - black box with the handset on the front & big 3 logo on the base. It also has a 3 theme as default. Will get rid of these in a second when I make it a standard EURO1 & update the FW to something recent:-) 2.04.15 is what it's delievered with.

Jon3G
22nd June 2005, 12:20 PM
as it got any 3 branding on the handset itself

bsrjl1
22nd June 2005, 12:53 PM
No the body of the phone is standard. I suppose they could have put a 3 logo on the camera slide? Not really much room on the front.

Now at 3.04.11, although I've just seen that 3.04.37 is available to test. Think I'll wait for it to be released officially - don't want to break my new toy on the first day!

Ben
22nd June 2005, 01:28 PM
I wish you lived next door!

Will have to get myself down to the *other* CPW in Canterbury that actually does software updates. Grr. Am sure they only do it one day a week too - and it's in a rubbish place! I'm still reluctant as I've not had any problems, but then I've not heard anything bad about the newer versions so it's probably worth the risk.

Interesting that another firmware revision is in testing so soon...

bsrjl1
22nd June 2005, 01:38 PM
I think there's always a fw revision in testing! Can't afford to live in Kent, unless I could make a living out of doing FW updates... ;-)

My wife's found 3.04.11 to be reliable, but I've only recently introduced her to the calendar - that's how much she uses the phone!

Jon3G
22nd June 2005, 02:05 PM
Wow three are coming along with getting the 6680 onboard. Shame about the walled garden