View Full Version : Recommend a case for Galaxy S

fancy McLeod
16th March 2011, 04:35 AM
Hello

ive just got a Samsung galaxy and I am looking for something to make my phone a little different and look nice from others..Can anyone recommend a case for my Galaxy S?just perfect and fantastic.Thanks for any help.

Hands0n
16th March 2011, 10:21 PM
Hi there "fancy McLeod" :) Welcome to Talk3g.

I don't know about the Galaxy S exactly, but I have a Nexus S (also manufactured by Samsung) and bought myself a marvellous Gel Case that really enhances the device but also protects it extraordinarily well. Uber cheap too. See here --> http://tinyurl.com/6fmehjf

I also picked up a set of six screen protectors for a similar price on eBay which are absolutely essential for the Galaxy series that are wholly made of plastic which scratches a bit too easily for my liking.

Ben
17th March 2011, 12:52 PM
I just cannot abide screen protectors! Are they really necessary on the type of screen covering Samsung are using? What are the tactile and responsiveness implications?

Hands0n
17th March 2011, 08:38 PM
It is my considered opinion that Samsung "S" series devices, made entirely of plastic, warrant as much protection as you can afford or put up with.

The Nexus S screen is ordinary glass because it is curved, and is thus even more vulnerable to damage than any with Gorilla glass. The screen protector does nothing to reduce "feel" and responsiveness. However, it does scratch and so I can see having to replace it occasionally. So far it has lasted well for two months and will likely last several more.

The plastic body cover is gorgeous and completely sympathetic to the design. Unbelievable for less than a fiver!

fancy McLeod
18th March 2011, 05:00 AM
I just cannot abide screen protectors! Are they really necessary on the type of screen covering Samsung are using? What are the tactile and responsiveness implications? You idea seems professional.I learned!thanks.

fancy McLeod
18th March 2011, 05:01 AM
Hi there "fancy McLeod" :) Welcome to Talk3g.

I don't know about the Galaxy S exactly, but I have a Nexus S (also manufactured by Samsung) and bought myself a marvellous Gel Case that really enhances the device but also protects it extraordinarily well. Uber cheap too. See here --> http://tinyurl.com/6fmehjf

I also picked up a set of six screen protectors for a similar price on eBay which are absolutely essential for the Galaxy series that are wholly made of plastic which scratches a bit too easily for my liking. Thanks for recommend.I will have a try.

fancy McLeod
20th March 2011, 03:36 AM
i was just browsing around ebay ,then I've just bought these two cases.I'm hugely impressed with it.

Hope it is perfect as looked.

Thanks for all ideas.

Ben
20th March 2011, 10:16 AM
We just got tagged!