View Full Version : Dell Streak 5" £199 !

miffed
16th April 2011, 06:57 PM
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-6015.aspx

(BTW ,does Tesco's site make Safari crash for anyone else ? )

You all know my thoughts on this device ! , for £199 it is an absolute bargain IMO

Ben
17th April 2011, 12:18 AM
Yep. Tesco Direct kills Safari!

hecatae
23rd April 2011, 03:19 PM
available in store if not online, complete steal at this price

hecatae
28th April 2011, 09:36 AM
no longer available online at all, instore only now

miffed
30th May 2011, 02:10 PM
Now CPW are knocking out the Streak for £199 SIM free

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/DELL-STREAK-5-TABLET

I am astounded at the lack of ripples this device is causing !! We were blown away by the ZTE Blade at £99 , but this really is a premium device that can hang with the best IMO , I have run it for a year now , from 1.6 right up to 2.2.2 , and with every step the performance has got better and better. I have shown people with Desire HD's / Galaxy S's etc my Streak running DJ_Steves 1.9.0 , and they are blown away and completely agree that it blows their devices away WRT performance , and the sreen if far brighter & better than the Desire HD's
I suppose the big question is whether you can handle the big form factor !

Only downside (IMO) is the propriety connector - Micro USB would be better , but now 3rd party cables are popping up even this is no big deal .

Come on - Buy yourselves a Streak , Root it , and flash some custom ROM's -I reckon you'll agree it is the best £200 you have ever spent on a mobile , and I am amazed that they are being sold at this price !! I cannot guarantee the same level of satisfaction if you use the stock ROMS - but The 2.2.2 I am using is like lightening , and there is a Gingerbread ROM now available (although early days yet )

hecatae
30th May 2011, 02:59 PM
it's the only decent device on the clearance sale not to have sold out

miffed
30th May 2011, 03:05 PM
I know , I really don't understand it ? I think it is to do with the advertise landscape form factor and the Dell name ! I use mine in Portrait just like any other phone .
seriously overlooked device !!

hecatae
31st May 2011, 02:58 PM
all sold out now

hecatae
27th January 2012, 08:52 AM
just purchased a dell streak for £60, finally got one

Hands0n
27th January 2012, 07:15 PM
just purchased a dell streak for £60, finally got one

LOL, what do you think of it so far? I can't bring myself to part with mine, even though I am not using it at all. It seems destined for my hall of fame (nee cardboard box in the study).

hecatae
28th January 2012, 10:27 AM
still waiting for it to arrive, plenty of spare parts available for it, new housing, new screens, new charging blocks etc.

plus the internal rom can be upgraded, as it's a micro sd card, so plenty of application storage available.