View Full Version : LG Optimus 2X - the first dual-core smartphone

Ben
13th May 2011, 04:36 PM
Well, according to Trusted Reviews this handset is finally at mainstream availability. They seem to have really liked it, but you must have to have used one because I find it very difficult to get excited about!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/lg-optimus-2x_Mobile-Phone_review

The LG Optimus 2X is an excellent phone. Its styling is lovely, it packs in oodles of high-end hardware and thanks to its Android OS, it's hugely versatile. However, LG has made a few too many slip ups for it to really hit the top spot. Nontheless, particularly thanks to it being a bit cheaper than the competition, if you're looking for a true smartphone powerhouse, it's well worth considering.

It runs Android 2.2.

Hands0n
13th May 2011, 11:23 PM
My lad recently took delivery of one of these an dI have to say that I am not entirely overwhelmed. Dual core? Okay. But it does not really seem to translate into slicker and quicker. I still see the "Android lag" that has been there to a lesser or greater degree since day one. Even in Honeycomb 3.0 it is evident to a small degree.

The LG is nice to look at and hold, its physical style is understated but feels really professional. I think it is a nice handset, but I wouldn't be selling off the Mrs to be getting one of these :D

Ben
14th May 2011, 10:18 AM
I wasn't a million miles off, then! Still, it at least seems to be reasonably good value.

3GScottishUser
14th May 2011, 01:05 PM
It benchmarks way ahead of most other Android handsets currently but it's a bit clumsy at times. I had a quick play with one at work but it did not have the quality feel of the Samsung top end handsets.

The Android to beat currently is the Samsung Galaxy S2 according to most of the recent reviews. It'll be good to see this when it launches.