View Full Version : Can't add a second Google account

Silver Firefly
19th May 2011, 08:12 AM
Hi,

I have a HTC Desire HD which is linked to my personal Google account. But I want to add my work account too, which is another Google account, which I'm having trouble doing.

These are the steps I've tried:

1) Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Google > Next > Sign in
2) I type in my username (the email address I use for my work account) and my password and then tap the sign in button
3) I get an error message saying "Sorry... Your username and password do not match. Please try again."

I have tried this several times. I have double checked my username and password several times. They are the same as what I use to sign in to my work Google account on my laptop. I know I am using the right username and password for this account. I am logged in this account on my laptop as I'm typing this so I know it's all working. So I don't get why it won't work on my mobile phone.

Any ideas?

Hands0n
19th May 2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Silver Firefly, welcome to Talk 3G.

Your problem is rather interesting, especially as I am doing exactly what you are trying to - and without any difficulty.

I wonder, then, what version of Android you are running, it will not be anything to do with the hardware. I am using a Nexus S with Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread). It may be something to do with that, although I doubt it.

So, take confidence from this that it can be done, and that Android does support multiple GMail accounts - the first you sign in with is the one that is used by Market though. I hate to say this but ... it could just be something about the password you're typing in that is going kaput. Maybe try a simpler password at first, or type it in elsewhere so you can see it, select it, cut and then paste it into the password field and see if that works.

Ben
20th May 2011, 08:56 AM
That's not a bad point, actually. And if you can log in online I'd suggest doing so and changing the password to something else and then trying again, just in case something has gone awry.