View Full Version : iPhone 4 backplate

@NickyColman
4th June 2011, 04:26 PM
Some of you have no doubt seen my pictures of my new iPhone 4 accessory but for those who havent, let me tell you.

I was browsing the internet a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon a Hong Kong based website (www.cnn.cn). The website is an Aladdins cave of iPhone (and other handsets) accessories. Replacement home buttons, cases, metal frames, backplates etc etc.

Bought myself a stainless steel backplate, got it a few days later. The shipping was very quick considering it was coming all the way from Asia.

Anyway, to say I'm impressed is an understatement. The whole phone feels totally different. The metal back gives the phone some weight, but looks so luxurious.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuQkh3P
The website has many variants of the backplates. Providing Apple dont announce an iPhone 5 at WWDC on Monday, I can see me buying a few more of these!

Note; buying one of these backplates voids your warranty with Apple, however, you can easily pop the original back on. No one would be any wiser.

What do you think?

Ben
5th June 2011, 07:56 PM
Makes a massive difference to the look of the phone doesn't it! I like :)

While it doesn't change the feel, I'm really happy with the look of the white back - so I'll not be going down this route, yet. But, if I was looking to jazz up a black iPhone 4 then I think I'd consider giving this a go - especially if my back had become damaged!

Hands0n
7th June 2011, 08:08 PM
On the strength of a Tweet from Nicky I went and ordered a back for mine also. That website is a veritable gold mine. Ben would have liked the gold plated Mid Plate for the iPhone. Lord it made the device look so damn sexy. Apple really should manufacture the devices with different metals for the Mid Plate.