View Full Version : iPhone4 600mins/UL SMS/750MB - Free Handset for £26/month

3GScottishUser
12th June 2011, 10:39 AM
It's not been widely publicised but Orange are offering public sector workers (Police, Fire, Heath Service etc) 25% off its normal contract terms.

A friend of mine just got his daugter an iPhone 4 16GB Free on a 24 month contract with 600 Mins, Unlimited SMS and 750MB Data per month (normally £35 a month) for £26.25 a month.

Needless to say this -25% offer is available on all of Orange's standard deals and is available in-store.

Is this now the UK's best value iPhone deal?

Worth checking out.

Hands0n
12th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Is this now the UK's best value iPhone deal?

No, simply because it is not generally available. Despite the previous government's best efforts it failed to make the entire nation public sector workers :D

Next; Orange are officially the network with the worst performing 3G in recent trials that were widely reported.

When talking about "best value" one has to take into account a number of factors. I'd rather pay a bit more to use a network that was at all functional.

From my own experience of Orange, I would rather do without a mobile device at all if they were the last UK mobile network operator.

But thats just me.

Ben
13th June 2011, 08:19 AM
Agreed, I think Three hold the title in my eyes.

Interesting offer from Orange, though. I wonder why they want the public sector employees so much, given that, lets face it, they're probably more at risk of employment disruption and at least stagnant wages for the foreseeable future as a result of the austerity measures :S I refuse to believe that France Telecom would run such an offer out of the kindness of their own heart.