View Full Version : Pictures of possible Nokia Windows 7 Phone

3GScottishUser
14th June 2011, 08:10 AM
Gound this link to a concept version of what could eventually become the Windows 7 offering from Nokia.

See what you think:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/exclusive-nokias-windows-phone-7-concept-revealed/

Ben
14th June 2011, 09:57 AM
Looks really nice, though I think they'd do better if they went with different colours! Red would look good on that handset, and perhaps silver.

Hands0n
14th June 2011, 10:46 PM
Oh dear! Windows Phone 7 has very stringent physical design requirements placed upon the manufacturers. Specifically the button type and placement is completely set in stone by Microsoft. There are very many other requirements also - all of which deny the manufacturers the full flexibility that they have with other OS. Android is a good example where anarchy reigns and the button placement, whilst familiar, is all over the place. Almost no two handsets are alike. Not so with WP7.

The images of the concept Nokia WP7 phones are okay, a bit so so. I wonder if the partnership will allow Nokia any license at all to flex their own hardware design muscles. Or will they be constrained as were the first WP7 manufacturers (who seem to not have repeated the experiment seven months after the first batch).

Personally, I remain to be convinced about WP7 in general and the MS/Nokia partnership in particular. Wait and see, is all we can do.

DBMandrake
19th June 2011, 10:34 PM
Oh dear! Windows Phone 7 has very stringent physical design requirements placed upon the manufacturers. Specifically the button type and placement is completely set in stone by Microsoft. There are very many other requirements also - all of which deny the manufacturers the full flexibility that they have with other OS.

So does that mean that Windows Phone 7 phones will have a "design by committee" air to them then ? ;)

jokiin
20th June 2011, 02:39 AM
So does that mean that Windows Phone 7 phones will have a "design by committee" air to them then ? ;)

Definition: Decision by a Committee... The unwilling appoint the unfit to do the unnecessary.

hecatae
20th June 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm expecting a W7, the X7 with WP7 os, a W8, the N8 with WP7 os, and an E8, the E7 with WP7 os.

announcement due on 21st June 2011 according to twitter, nokia states they will blow your socks off.

Hands0n
21st June 2011, 07:18 PM
@hecatae - I really hope that you are joking :) Because if this does transpire, I may be sorely tempted to buy one, particularly the E7 with any OS other than Symbian^3 on it. Hell, I'd settle for ZX Spectrum OS on that handset over Symbian^3

hecatae
21st June 2011, 09:51 PM
Elop has repeatedly been quoted that the first wp7 handset from Nokia will be a Qwerty. have a look at the N950 and the E7, same chassis, just waiting for the device