View Full Version : Nokia World has just been announced in London on 26th and 27th October 2011

hecatae
21st June 2011, 10:48 AM
http://www.worldofnokia.co.uk/2011/06/nokia-world-announced/

Nokia World 2011 will take place at ICC London ExCeL, located at the centre of London Docklands – a historic dockyards transformed into a leading global business hub with a wide range of high quality services, restaurants and entertainment.

Important information about registration

Conference fee and payment method
Early bird fee: 695€ for the 200 first registrations, regular fee: 995€ (excl. VAT or other applicable taxes)
The discount and any taxes, if applicable, will appear on the payment summary page.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, American Express, Master Card and JCB

Will the Nokia WP7 devices be shown off at Nokia World?

Ben
21st June 2011, 11:45 AM
Lets hope so.

I'm surprised at the pricing for this. You'd think it was WWDC.

hecatae
21st June 2011, 11:46 AM
is the cost paying for free devices for everyone going?

an N9 and a WP7 device please

Ben
21st June 2011, 11:50 AM
Hmm, they're not free if the price is built into the ticket. Wouldn't giving everyone a freebie be a bit desperate and devaluing of the new product?

hecatae
21st June 2011, 03:20 PM
I'll leave this here:

http://bit.ly/mwvyWZ

Ben
21st June 2011, 04:17 PM
Read that earlier...

...marked departure from your twitter excitedness when I went to bed last night, Dan!

Given that Nokia have stated their intentions WRT WP7 there's really little to get excited about in the interim.

miffed
21st June 2011, 04:29 PM
In fact , wouldn't it be REALLY frustrating if they did make Symbian usable between now and WP7 ?

I have to be honest , as a long term communicator fan I really wanted to like the E7 , in fact as recently as last week I wanted to buy one , but I had a play with one in the o2 shop , and , honest to God I could not work out how to put a URL into the browser ! I got the browser open (clunky as S60 has ever been) - but was only able to scroll through bookmarks ! I couldnt remember how to open an address bar in "old" symbian , so had no clues to work from ,.... and it certainly wasn't obvious or intuitive - it was at that point that I concluded I simply couldn't allow myself to buy this device ! ...Hardware wise it is lovely ! seems like such a waste & felt like stepping back 3-4 years in time in all other respects .

Hands0n
21st June 2011, 06:57 PM
Sad but true Miffed, sad but true. I absolutely love the physical format and capability of the hardware in the E7 and the N8 before it. But Symbian^3 leaves me stone cold uninterested. It is horrid.

A little while back I bought one but could not keep it for more than a few weeks and then outed it on eBay. It just had to go. I wasn't even happy keeping it for an occasional use. And it was in that gorgeous green that Nokia had anodised it with.

I might settle for the N8 or E7 if it were equipped with MeeGo/QT as in the new N9 (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20072887-17/nokia-shows-off-meego-based-n9-smartphone/) But as things stand, those two devices can go to hell.