View Full Version : Vodafone contract ends - No longer able to access remaining number's online bills

Hands0n
10th July 2011, 11:27 PM
You may have read previously that I intended to cancel an old Vodafone contract that had come to term and was no longer required (see: http://bit.ly/poDx7W ). And that has now been done.

The contract was the original that I had opened up when returning back to Vodafone quite a few years ago, possibly as many as five, maybe more. Since then I have opened up a number of other contracts for mobile phones and a broadband dongle. Also, over the years I have ceased and added Vodafone services, all of which have appeared within the My Vodafone web pages under a single view of all my business with the firm. From that single view I have been able to see all of the on-line billing, and good it has been. Until now, that is.

Since my Vodafone contract number has ceased I have not been able to access the all-essential billing information in the My Vodafone pages. They are all, very apparently, linked to that contract mobile number, and now that it does not exist the information is no longer accessible to me.

You would imagine that this would be a straightforward and common problem for Vodafone to solve. If so, then you would be thinking along similar lines as myself. But the truth apparent is some distance away from the imaginings of mere mortals. Thus far, Vodafone have not been able to resolve the access problem and I am technically blind to the billing that Vodafone is raising on my account.

Now, I am reasonably certain that Vodafone are in regulatory hot water with this specific aspect. They have a legal obligation to present their billing to me in sufficient time before taking money from my bank account by Direct Debit. But, of course, if I cannot access these on-line bills via My Vodafone then they are failing in that legal obligation of theirs.

Somewhat fortunately, I have been able to get a copy of the bill emailed to me [today] by their web relations team by way of a conversation on Twitter. But the underlying problem is not resolved, the issue persists, I still cannot access bills via My Vodafone.

None of the above is to suggest that Vodafone have not been trying. Their web relations team responded quickly to my plight. They got in touch with the team that should be able to fix this, who in turn asked for screen shots, which I provided. Since then there has been radio silence, a fair indication that whichever team it is that can fix this has not been able to do so.

But that is clearly unacceptable, and places Vodafone at some regulatory risk also.

So what is the problem that make it so difficult to perform a corrective action on their systems? Surely they cannot have imagined that customers would not cease churn services away from them, leaving residual services behind that will continue to require access? That would be a major flaw in their application analysis and design.

I am going to give Vodafone another week to resolve this issue for me, it has already been a couple, and has impacted my billing period. If they cannot then I will have to seriously consider my position with Vodafone as a provider of services.

Clearly, I cannot persist in the use of Vodafone for the remaining three contracts if I cannot see the bills before they levy charges.

Ben
12th July 2011, 11:48 AM
The My Vodafone site has always been a complex blur that feels haphazardly assembled. I'm not surprised that the removal of one of your contracts has broken it for you!

It's almost hard to imagine how the matter will get resolved unless somebody takes ownership of it. Perhaps they can allow you to create a new login and add the other contracts to that? Hmm.

miffed
18th July 2011, 12:51 PM
Just having a similar problem myself !

My line was disconnected on 18th June (well , I have been told by Vodafone CS in writing that it would be , I realise this means very little in the real world) - Today I received notification that a Bill has been raised , presumably my final bill , but my web service account has been deleted , so I am unable to see the bill !

I have mailed asking for a copy of the bill , but not holding my breath ! I suspect it will be a case of waiting for the money to go out of the bank and hoping they don't mess it up. ....and then thanking God I no longer have to deal with these retards.

Ben
18th July 2011, 04:08 PM
Now now :p

They'll send you your bill by email if that's what you've asked for. I've requested bills by email a few times when My Vodafone has been screwy.

miffed
18th July 2011, 04:31 PM
LOL , you make it sound like Vodafone CS are decent rational people don't ignore queries from customers ! :D

Hands0n
18th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Well, I finally got My Vodafone back by a most circuitous route.

One of my contracts is for my daughter, and I had set her up with My Vodafone ages ago, giving her access to the account. So what Vodafone have done is to make that the primary contract owner (why not my original sign on?) and I had to log in as her and then permission my own sign on to access the account! Oh, and it only took them the best part of 2-1/2 weeks to do that. The Web Relations team were quick enough to raise my case for me, then the case languished within Vodafone's work queue until it surfaced at the weekend!

I run a team of system support technicians for a similar business (not mobile) and if they were to make a case wait two weeks I'd be wearing their guts for garters!

Oh well, small mercies, I've got my access back.

miffed
18th July 2011, 09:23 PM
Don't suppose your Daughter can access my bill Danny ? :)

Hands0n
18th July 2011, 10:28 PM
Don't suppose your Daughter can access my bill Danny ? :)

It would not surprise me in the least :D Of late, with Vodafone's systems and procedures, all logic seems to have been cast into the wind.

miffed
19th July 2011, 08:19 AM
Oh FFS !

Hello ,
I received notification that a Bill was raised by email today (presumably my final bill) , but unfortunately your web service no longer allows me to log on and view my bill , so I'd appreciate if you could email me a copy of the bill or send one by post

Thank you
Miffed

Hello Miffed

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Services.

I understand your concern however I have checked your subscription number 0791767XXXXX and can confirm that your account is cancelled since 18/06/201.

Trust the information helps.

Kind regards,
Payal Panchal
Vodafone Customer Services

....Who'd have guessed that they'd completely miss the point ? :(

Hands0n
19th July 2011, 08:47 AM
They may "understand your concern" but as usual have a feeble grasp of your meaning. I've said it a million times, off-shoring your customer services does not work. Period.

Ben
19th July 2011, 03:28 PM
The Twitter team have said they'll take a look.

I feel your pain!

miffed
20th July 2011, 12:43 PM
They can work Twitter eh ?

Cheers ... anyway panic over I think , the bill arrived in the post this morning :)

Thanks Vodafone, you're great ;)

Lee_Vodafone Rep
25th July 2011, 01:26 PM
Well, I finally got My Vodafone back by a most circuitous route.

One of my contracts is for my daughter, and I had set her up with My Vodafone ages ago, giving her access to the account. So what Vodafone have done is to make that the primary contract owner (why not my original sign on?) and I had to log in as her and then permission my own sign on to access the account! Oh, and it only took them the best part of 2-1/2 weeks to do that. The Web Relations team were quick enough to raise my case for me, then the case languished within Vodafone's work queue until it surfaced at the weekend!

I run a team of system support technicians for a similar business (not mobile) and if they were to make a case wait two weeks I'd be wearing their guts for garters!

Oh well, small mercies, I've got my access back.

Hi Hands0n,

Apologies for the slight delay with us getting to this thread.

I'm pleased to see that this has now been resolved for you.

Should you require any further assistance in the future you know how to get in touch with the Web Relations Team.

They can work Twitter eh ?

Cheers ... anyway panic over I think , the bill arrived in the post this morning :)

Thanks Vodafone, you're great ;)

Hi miffed,

Whilst it's a disappointing that your request took a while to get actioned I'm also pleased to see that you've now got a copy of the bill you needed.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Kind regards to you both,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Ben
26th July 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum; please do stop by from time to time, always great to have operator employees around.