View Full Version : Fake iPhone ? ... No can't be , I got it from the Apple store !

miffed
24th July 2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14236786

Greatest form of flattery ? Lol !

Hands0n
25th July 2011, 07:21 AM
I read the original blogger's report a week ago. It was quite amazing the amount of effort that has gone into creating these. The blogger said that they were very obvious but also very high quality fake stores. But also that the staff didn't know that they weren't really Apple employees!

One has to wonder what Apple's response is going to be.

jokiin
25th July 2011, 07:41 AM
One has to wonder what Apple's response is going to be.

seems they'll need to be more concerned with the customers reactions at this stage http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/riotous-crowds-in-china-over-fake-apple-stores-20110725-1hw0n.html

Hands0n
25th July 2011, 07:50 AM
Wow, that was an interesting read. I'd be as pi55ed off as Wang clearly was. It seems that China has none of the buyer protections that we enjoy in the UK (and possibly elsewhere). I think even the USA is slightly lacking in that area also (from my own experience several years back while on a visit).

jokiin
25th July 2011, 09:52 AM
Wow, that was an interesting read. I'd be as pi55ed off as Wang clearly was. It seems that China has none of the buyer protections that we enjoy in the UK (and possibly elsewhere). I think even the USA is slightly lacking in that area also (from my own experience several years back while on a visit).

the USA isn't the greatest when it comes to consumers rights, certainly not as good as we have it in Australia at least, China however (I spend a few months there each year) you pretty much have no rights

Ben
26th July 2011, 12:47 PM
It seems so incredibly brazen that anyone would set up a completely fake Apple store, anywhere in the world. It's the kind of thing you can imagine getting by for quite some time on the Internet, but an actual bricks-and-mortar retail store? It's quite mind-boggling!

DBMandrake
26th July 2011, 12:54 PM
Counterfeiting of everything is so rife in China that it's just part of the culture. There are whole shopping malls where you can go and find nearly everything on sale is a branded knock off (sometimes convincing looking) of some well known brand, you name it you can find it :D The thing that surprised me is that they were actually selling real Apple products not knock off's :)