View Full Version : 12mths 1/2 price Sim Only - 900 Mins, Unlimited Texts, 250mb Internet for £10.25/mth

hecatae
1st August 2011, 11:12 PM
more details on hukd here http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=358&q=987658

basically:

I rang Vodafone and they said they had a special deal on for the first week of August where it is 12 mths half price. Details below:

- 900 Mins, Unlimited texts, 250mb internet
- 12 mths Sim only contract
- £20.50 down to £10.25 for the full 12 mths
- Number called 08080 101 257

I'm not sure if you need to ring this number and it goes through to a special team or you can call any Vodafone number.

would anyone want to go back for 12 months?

Ben
2nd August 2011, 11:02 AM
For a smartphone it'd be so much better if they halved those minutes and doubled the data. Preferably quadrupled the data :(

Otherwise that's a lot of minutes and texts for a tenner a month. Can't fault that.

miffed
2nd August 2011, 07:11 PM
What is is with Vodafone and pointless data allowances ?

Or maybe I have got it wrong they are being frank with the customer about their shortcomings ? (i.e. making it plain that you should be looking to them if you want Data )

Nice if you want lots of texts & minutes though , ( and are not adverse to supplying your own infrastructure by means of femtocell ? .... In fact I am Vodafone don't offer customers some kind of "self assessment" for billing too ;) )

Ben
2nd August 2011, 10:44 PM
You've a point, miffed - I'd probably struggle to transfer 256mb a month in Canterbury! :(

Hands0n
9th August 2011, 09:15 AM
Not so long ago Vodafone made a bit of a shout about being the operator for Smartphones. But to date they have not met their own challenge. These meagre amounts of data being bundled hark back to the dark days of 2G/GPRS and not 2011.

That said, the 12 month deal that hecatae spotted is astonishing value - putting almost all PAYG to shame if you look at it from the point of view that £10 top up on PAYG is pretty standard. That is, if all you want is minutes and texts. The included data is irrelevant for any meaningful use with a smartphone. It would suit a lesser device, say like a Nokia N95 or similar but an Android would probably chew half of that up just in running the OS, and without any/much user interaction!

NB: Just came back from visiting a few peer-aged buddies out in Corfu, one resident the others UK-based, and not one of them had a smartphone. They all look on in awe at what can be done with Android and iOS devices but cant see the point of having all that on a "phone". I gave up :)