View Full Version : Carphone warehouse 10 day deals

paulbds
26th August 2011, 11:51 PM
Hi, just read an advert in today's Times,
Cpw have a 10 day sale.
I note they have the htc incredible s at £269.95, sim free, no £10 top etc.
Seems a good deal to me...am I missing something here?
Amazon have them at £330 and much safer than buying from eBay.
I was thinking of going on 3 one plan (took out a contract for youngest, at uni and the 1 plan seems to fit the bill esp with data) and supplying own phone.
Will sell nexus on eBay to offset cost plus 12 month cpw warranty

They seem to have plenty of stock.
I have no connection with cps

Paul

Ben
27th August 2011, 11:04 AM
Can't see any catch (offer is on the website) - does seem like a huge discount though. But then it's CPW and if you're buying online then you're pretty much guaranteed hassle-free return if you change your mind or something isn't quite right.

paulbds
27th August 2011, 01:19 PM
Well, went and bought it as I am a fan of the larger screens.

Yes, I would much rather buy from somewhere like CPW rather than from someone on ebay

Now, need to sell my old phone on ebay

HAGW

Paul

Hands0n
28th August 2011, 04:04 PM
Hmm, intriguing :-) I'm holding off updating my Android (Nexus S) until HSPA+ is available. That seems to be only on the Samsung Galaxy S II right now - I would like one but would have to put a different ROM on it to get rid of the Samsung customisations. I much prefer vanilla Android to anything else to date. So something like CM7 or 8 (Ice Cream Sandwich) when the AOSP is released would be nice.

That CPW price for the HTC Incredible S is superb though. Unbeatable when you have something to sell to mitigate the expense