View Full Version : Help needed

webby37
12th September 2011, 01:59 PM
Hi all,

Firstly, nice forum.

Secondly, I need some help. I have bought a Jexaa Tablet running Andriod 2.2. I have a Huawei E220 on the Three Network which is supported by this tablet.

When I connect the dongle, and go to the settings, I am asked some details:

User - Not a problem

APN - I think is: three.co.uk

Device Name: really not sure. Do I use IMEI on the dongle?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ben
12th September 2011, 02:55 PM
Hi webby37, welcome to Talk3G!

Interesting looking tablet! I've not used a dongle with Android I'm afraid so I'm not sure, but I would think Device Name could be whatever you want. A MiFi would probably be an easier option.

webby37
14th September 2011, 11:43 AM
All sorted now thanks.

If anyone else has the issue, its *99# for device name for the Jexaa 708 tablet.

Ben
14th September 2011, 01:30 PM
Really? That's typically what the device has to dial in order to connect. I wonder what clever chap decided to call the field 'device name'!

Thanks for coming back with the solution :) How are you finding the device?

gorilla
16th September 2011, 09:30 AM
I checked out this tablet and it looked ok for the money. These kind of devices appeal to me as something that can live permanently in the kitchen or living room. You might not use them all the time, but they're cheap enough to buy on a whim. However, I would be concerned about the battery life. I know that I can leave the iPad for days and it will retain battery life, but I'm not convinced on these cheaper tablets.
I tried googling to see if this could be rooted but there didn't seem to be much interest among the developer community. Anyone know of any custom ROMs?

Ben
16th September 2011, 10:25 AM
Funnily enough that's what my old iPad gets used for now. It stays in the lounge and anyone can pick it up as and when they need to - brilliant! Because it only gets used every now and then the battery just goes on and on. I don't know how much the original iPad can be had for these days, but I'd certainly recommend it if the price is right.

webby37
16th September 2011, 09:28 PM
I checked out this tablet and it looked ok for the money. These kind of devices appeal to me as something that can live permanently in the kitchen or living room. You might not use them all the time, but they're cheap enough to buy on a whim. However, I would be concerned about the battery life. I know that I can leave the iPad for days and it will retain battery life, but I'm not convinced on these cheaper tablets.
I tried googling to see if this could be rooted but there didn't seem to be much interest among the developer community. Anyone know of any custom ROMs?

If I play with it constantly, the battery lasts 6 hours from fully charged. I left it in my drawer at work for 2 days and when I turned it on, it had retained all it's power. For £75, you just can't go wrong. UK plug with no 3 pin adapter, 10.1 flash and Android 2.2 that's updateable, it's gonna be one of my most fave buys ever.

3GScottishUser
17th September 2011, 11:34 AM
Hi

I see quite a lot of these Andoid 2.2 tablets now at £69 which must be a great buy for anyone who want to dabble with the technology. As a starter it's a good buy compared with a Kindle but the screen would limit its usefulness as an e-book reader outdoors.

Check out the Modaco forums (Google for them) and you will get loads of information about Android tablets, phones and all of the upgrade software on-line. Modaco seems to have largest on-line Android community of developers in the UK so if theres an answer to a question its probably on there.

PS: Keep an eye on here too!