View Full Version : Planet Three revised

Ben
27th June 2005, 03:22 AM
http://www.welcometoplanet3.co.uk/

The revised planet three website now features a skip to place your old handset in when you participate in the record-breaking churn! Add a dancing turtle and an online version of the milkmaid advert and you're set for the new Planet Three.

The importance of branding cannot be underestimated. For new customers, branding can mean the difference between choosing your product and the competitors - regardless of actual technical superiority. For existing customers, branding can influence loyalty and the 'cool' factor. Judging by my MSN contacts, Three's cheap flash branding is having a clear affect on people - the number of folks who have those cheap Three cartoons as their MSN animations is alarming and an indication that the branding is working.

Like Orange, Three have played an advertising game that doesn't concentrate on handsets and network capabilities. A strong focus on branding has instead been the exercise of choice. A good choice in my opinion.

Enough of my thoughts, what are yours?

3GScottishUser
27th June 2005, 09:35 AM
The skip is a great idea. How appropriate. Wonder how many naff NEC's are in it?

That could be a good game... guess how many junked handsets are in the skip?

Answers on a postcard to Bob Fuller ......

miffed
27th June 2005, 09:44 AM
The skip is a great idea. How appropriate. Wonder how many naff NEC's are in it?

Depends on the size of the skip , if it is a large one you could probably fit as many as 6 in it

Jon3G
27th June 2005, 10:01 AM
Depends on the size of the skip , if it is a large one you could probably fit as many as 6 in it

Lol@miffed

The skip is a good idea in terms of eco stuff, but I feel could backfire on them with all the 3 haters out their and the critics alike