View Full Version : The Motorola RAZR returns 1st November 2011

hecatae
19th October 2011, 12:00 AM
so:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/DROID-RAZR-BY-MOTOROLA-US-EN

The Motorola RAZR, also know as the Motorola Spyder or Motorola Droid RAZR (in the US), is a brand new, super-thin Android phone that not only offers a solid build and stylish design, but a range of powerful features and accessories.

Measuring just 7.1mm in thickness, the Motorola RAZR is one of the thinnest smartphones on the market. Add to this the fact that it's back cover is coated in Kevlar and you really have got a slick handset.

Not only is the RAZR pleasing to the eye, it's also extremely powerful. An evolution of Motorola's other dual-core device, the Motorola ATRIX, the lightening fast Motorola RAZR rocks a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and with 1GB of RAM, it really does pack a powerful punch.

So what else is special about this top of the range superphone? It comes with a stunning display - 4.3" Super AMOLED with a 960 x 540 resoluition. It's also got Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G capability, an 8MP camera with 1080p video recording and a front facing camera for video calling.

The new phone from Motorola runs Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) and will be compatible with the new version of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). However, not only does it offer the latest features of the Android operating system, but a range of features that have been developed by Motorola specifically for its own handsets.

Features of Motorola RAZR (Spyder)
1.2 GHz dual-core processor
Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
7.1mm thick
4.3" Super-AMOLED display
Kevlar coated back cover
8MP Camera
Front facing camera

http://blog.clove.co.uk/2011/10/18/motorola-razr-coming-to-clove-1st-november-379-vat/

Following Motorola’s announcement of the Droid RAZR, we can confirm that we are expecting the UK variant, the Motorola RAZR, to arrive into stock on November 1st, priced at £379 (454.80 inc. VAT).

sorry what was that about an atrix 2?

Kevlar coated and Gorilla Glass, yum

Ben
19th October 2011, 11:48 AM
This should be interesting! It's nice to see the brand being revived, though I'm not sure Motorola can manage that successfully... we'll see!

Definitely has something cool about it, and with a spec list like that perhaps this really will become an Android of choice. That said, Sony Ericsson have some VERY beautiful Android handsets too... Moto might just be a bit late to the party with this one.

Wilt
19th October 2011, 01:02 PM
This is a pretty nice phone, if I were in the market for a new phone right now (MUST. STAY. STRONG.) then I would have a hard time choosing between this and the Galaxy Nexus.

Hands0n
20th October 2011, 12:09 AM
2012 looks to be a good start for Android smartphones. ICS is going to be the making of many :) I quite like the hardware spec of the new RAZR, it is all rather tasty.

Wilt
20th October 2011, 12:46 AM
Hopefully Motorola wont just release slightly modified versions of this for the next five years or so. ;)

Ben
20th October 2011, 09:49 AM
Hopefully Motorola wont just release slightly modified versions of this for the next five years or so. ;)
You just know it! :D

Is it me or are screen sizes on high-end Android's getting a bit OTT? I want my phone to be a phone at the end of the day, but it seems like you can't be a flagship Android without a 4"+ screen. Now, I'd like my iPhone screen to be a little bigger, but there are two SGS2s at the office now and every time I handle one I'm left thinking they're just too cumbersome. I don't even find them comfortable to type on, despite being bigger. The thought of using one as a camera, as I do heavily with my iPhone, well, put it this way - I wouldn't.

gorilla
20th October 2011, 12:32 PM
I tend to agree with Ben. The Nexus S was the perfect size for me with its 4" display. The SG2 is gorgeous but at times it's just too big for one handed use.
Contrast that with the iPhone which I feel is too small.

As for Motorola, I say Moto who! I'll only be interested if Google take charge and release pure Android handsets, but they pretty much said they won't be doing that.

Wilt
20th October 2011, 12:36 PM
Also agree, I would find it hard to regularly use a phone with a screen larger than 4". Apparently the Galaxy Nexus fits in your hand better than the SG2 because most of the new screen moves into the area previously occupied by the buttons, but I still think it would be too big in the hand.