View Full Version : Is there a call centre?

gorilla
4th January 2012, 04:26 PM
I've been trying to speak to someone at t-mobile all day, but due to "high demand" I've not been able to speak to anyone. Is this normal?

Having just left three (with their CS problems) I was not prepared to not actually be able to get through to anyone. Three have their issues but speaking to a rep isn't one of them. You dial and you nearly always get connected to a rep within a few rings.

But why would I need to speak to a rep when I could just use My t-mobile? Well, I'm one of those few people on a sim only plan and I cannot change that plan online. I have to ring up. How quaint. Not that the automated phone service knows that - it keeps sending me texts telling me to login into my t-mobile and upgrade from there. Bonkers.
And all I want to do is pay t-mobile more money.

DaveC
4th January 2012, 05:12 PM
Your not the only on complaining - there are quite a few on Twitter and a complaint on their forum. Their is a CS but it went downhill a while back when most of it was withdrawn from the UK. Now Everything Everywhere is looking to save more money and a lot of this seems to centre round T-Mobile which is seen as 'the budget brand'.

Wilt
4th January 2012, 05:21 PM
Is the hold system booting you off or are they keeping you waiting so long that you're giving up?

Not sure which of those would be worse.

Maybe using the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option will get you through to somebody...

Ben
4th January 2012, 05:53 PM
That's a pretty good idea, Wilt. You could even resort to the lost/stolen option and then apologise for accidentally pushing the wrong button...

I think T-Mobile have built a strong brand, it's sad that EE are taking it down the budget route.

gorilla
5th January 2012, 09:21 AM
I rang 6 times yesterday (at various times) and tried multiple different options, but it seems all geared up to providing you with an automated response or referring you to the website as opposed to letting you speak to someone.
It's strange as when I rang up to provide my PAC I got through straight away! Maybe they are just really busy :-)

Hands0n
5th January 2012, 11:29 PM
It was always going to be the case that EE would be the ruination of T-Mobile. Off-shoring the CS is the first step. Reading the above it looks like their plans are well advanced.

It won't be long now before T-Mobile overtakes Three as the most complained about network! Not that that is any excuse for Three not to on-shore their CS.

DaveC
6th January 2012, 03:19 PM
From what I glean from the T-Mobile forum there was some sort of outage the other day that put a strain on the call centres.

gorilla
6th January 2012, 04:46 PM
I managed to get through today, but it takes a full billing cycle for a change in your plan to take effect. Seems inefficient!