View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note

3GScottishUser
17th April 2012, 10:49 AM
I had a chance to play with one of these yesterday and found it very comfortable to use. The bigger screen is great and it responds pretty quickly.

Sadly the range of apps for it seems to be a bit limited as yet because I used the search facility in Google Play to try and download some of the apps I have on my Galaxy S but they were not showing in the results :(

All things considered I would be tempted to get one of these!

Ben
17th April 2012, 11:54 AM
The Note is proving rather popular it seems, and not as niche as I assumed it would be. It still doesn't appeal to me, but more power to the Note users I say :)

gorilla
17th April 2012, 01:22 PM
If we think back to the Dell Streak, is this all about timing for Samsung or is it branding? The Note has to be seen as a success story - would you also consider the Streak to have been a success?

I know some people love the form factor and the stylus, but I'm afraid that it's not for me. Having said that it is getting harder to find a phone with a 4.3" screen, which poses the question, what size of screen will the next Galaxy have?

Sajjad Rahman
17th April 2012, 06:48 PM
I had gone through various adds of the Samsung Note and must say , they look attractive. Havent got a chance to play with one though, sounds cool.

Hands0n
17th April 2012, 08:16 PM
I did like my time with the Dell Streak, but it proved unreliable and the OS was hopeless. I can't help feel that ICS on the streak would transform it remarkably.

The Samsung Galaxy Note is a great looking smartphone, and the software looks really cool. I haven't had an opportunity to use one though.

miffed
17th April 2012, 08:53 PM
I love it ! Absolutey attached to the thing now. I actually find touchwiz bearable on the note for some reason too , more so than I found it on the SII , I actually quite like the calendar and agenda widgets better than the generic versions available.

I wouldn't go as far as using the stock firmware , as even if you meet Samsungs update criteria ( own a windows PC And agree to bog it down with kies ) , between Samsung and the networks you are still forced to use a firmware that is 2-3 revisions behind the latest incarnation. - no , far better to root , install a custom recovery and then update at your leisure with custom firmware - there are several custom ROMs that retain the touchwiz & Samsung apps but give you decent performance , Personally though I jumped at the chance to ditch all that and install CM9 (albeit an unofficial port).

Word of warning - after a week or so of using the Note , the SII seemed tiny , and the iPhone ridiculously small ! I sold my not to get an iPhone 4s , but ended up missing it so much that bought another one , I tried to go back to my iPhone 4 but just couldn't do it - very hard to go back after that big screen !

paulbds
17th April 2012, 11:02 PM
Love mine and now other half want's one - she also wants the bigger screen.
I think I will get it on the 3 network and use it's tethering features on AYCE