View Full Version : What reviewcentre's respondants think....

3GScottishUser
1st April 2005, 07:25 PM
Reviewcentre is a site where customers can post opinions and reviews about all sorts of products.

They currently have 74 reviews about 3 UK's service....

Grab a sample at the link below......

You know you want to......

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-12640.html

Here's the headline figures:

Signal Coverage 2.4/10
Screen Quality 4.5/10
Battery Life 0/10
Features 4.5/10
Reception 0.5/10
Style 4/10
Value for money 3/10
Overall value 2/10
Recommended 19%

Ben
1st April 2005, 07:30 PM
Wow, Three have taken quite a bashing there! They've been rather 'unlucky' with some of the handsets they've put into the public domain (understatement of the year?) but hopefully as the 3G handsets improve so will peoples perceptions of the service.

There are, of course, underlying issues such as Internet access and call handover that need to be addressed, but the other networks have learnt that you're only as good as the handsets you sell.

Hands0n
4th April 2005, 07:37 AM
Faulty/Flaky kit aside - H3 have demonstrated a unique inability to actually deal satisfactorily with the problems that they should have anticipated with any new technology. In this I refer to the abundant complaints about their Customer Services and the Policies for dealing with Customer problems. No need for citations and references, 5 minutes spent on any 3G forum will show the underlying patterns.

Ben
4th April 2005, 11:53 AM
I think the somewhat foggy image of Three's customer services operations can largely be put down to a bad start. When Three opened they were locating customer accounts by searching for their name in the database as opposed to by account or telephone number. There was also a great deal of repetition necessary when you were transferred between advisors, and frontline support in Mumbai was more a resource for frequently asked questions than actual service.

Since then I believe they have deployed PeopleSoft (http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/pressnewsview.omp?collcid=1019745742912&cid=1096963172830&index=32) software to assist their customer liason efforts and everyone will have grown into their roles. Their response to the Watchdog story, ie offering free replacements to those who get in touch via the email address, seems to have been executed professionally.

I hope that going forward Three's customer service operations continue to improve - they certainly need to if they're going to keep up with the demand of their rapidly increasing userbase.

ddraiggoch
7th April 2005, 10:09 AM
I have the same problems as were featured on Watchdog my wife has a different handset to the Lg and she has network coverage and battery life issues, I can assure you that they are not offering replacement handsets they are still asking for handsets to be returned for repair so please don't fall for the Spin that companies put out on programs like watchdog its actions that count and nothing has changed!!!!!
I think the somewhat foggy image of Three's customer services operations can largely be put down to a bad start. When Three opened they were locating customer accounts by searching for their name in the database as opposed to by account or telephone number. There was also a great deal of repetition necessary when you were transferred between advisors, and frontline support in Mumbai was more a resource for frequently asked questions than actual service.

Since then I believe they have deployed PeopleSoft (http://www.three.co.uk/news/h3gnews/pressnewsview.omp?collcid=1019745742912&cid=1096963172830&index=32) software to assist their customer liason efforts and everyone will have grown into their roles. Their response to the Watchdog story, ie offering free replacements to those who get in touch via the email address, seems to have been executed professionally.

I hope that going forward Three's customer service operations continue to improve - they certainly need to if they're going to keep up with the demand of their rapidly increasing userbase.

Hands0n
7th April 2005, 10:22 AM
I don't know if this will help but ...... some people have stated that they have had better success contacting H3's UK Customer Service by their Email addy, many cases of instant offer of replacement 8120 handset with same or different model or make even!

Try emailing them (if you have not already done so) on [email protected]

Good luck with it. Don't take "No" for an answer ...

ddraiggoch
7th April 2005, 10:31 AM
I have mailed them on the address on their website hopefully this goes to a diiferent address certainly worth a try.!!!

delinquentwoody
10th April 2005, 12:03 AM
To provide a bit of a comparison on the thread topic, the percentage scores of the other UK networks on this website are:

3 19%
02 28%
Orange 46%
T-Mobile 57%
Vodafone 61%

But bear in mind that these figures relate to none 3G usage as well, and is based on a fairly small sample (50 to 100 people) - but is still enough to form a general opinion of the network.

Ben
10th April 2005, 12:32 AM
I'm glad to see the network I regularly hear referred to as "Skodafone" is at the top, there. It really is a great network, but that often comes at a price.

Good post - puts it all in perspective. Three have a lot of work to do.