View Full Version : LG U8138 on myphone.tv

3GScottishUser
1st April 2005, 09:42 PM
Have you seen the demonstartion of the LG U-8138 on myphone.tv (Mobile Phone Shopping Channel on Sky).

Its hysterical.

The plot...... presenter calls wife who is in bed with someone else.... videocall!!!

He gets through and the infomercial clearly displays him chatting to his wife with the picture on the phone pixilatting like crazy and the conversation is bugged with latency!!! Pretty much like the real thing on 3!

If ever there was a situation that proved why videophones were a bad idea that was it. The quality was dreadful and the audio was like 2 folks taliking via satellite.

Supposed to be funny but a real eye-opener as to why you might not want to see who you were talking to in certain circumstances!

No wonder poor Bob reckons the first 3 months of 2005 have been quiet!

If you get the chance - check it out.... better than most comedies!

Ben
1st April 2005, 09:45 PM
lmao cool - got a direct link?

3GScottishUser
1st April 2005, 10:37 PM
http://factoryoutlet.e2save.com/mobile/phones/mptvoffers.php

Its www.e2save.com on Sky but the offers are nothing like as good as on the web.

Worth tuning in on their Sky channel to see the demo... everything you'd not want a 3g phone for!!!!!

Hands0n
4th April 2005, 09:37 PM
I notice that it can be supplied with a Bluetooth headset - so I guess this means they finally implemented BT into the handset, but seem to have kept that very quiet! Not that I'm in the market for a new phone this year ........

3GScottishUser
5th April 2005, 07:42 AM
The Bluetooth headset comes with a dongle that attches to the phone. Its a Jabra thing, sort of Bluetooth adaptor really. The LG itself has no Bluetooth installed.

Hands0n
6th April 2005, 04:16 PM
Another missed opportunity by LG (but maybe they don't see it as such). I've seen that kind of BT gizmo you mention - it does not facilitate proper Hands Free calling afaik. You'll get busted if caught with a phone in your hand while driving (in fact, even when at standstill with the engine running).