View Full Version : Battery Life

Ben
3rd July 2005, 05:15 PM
It'd be a good idea if we can collate some real-world battery life figures for the Nokia 6680.

Please vote for the most appropriate item in the poll, and then post your 'average' daily usage.

Thanks!
Ben

I've voted for a recharge every 48 hours. I never turn my phone off and have Bluetooth on all the time. I mostly use my phone for data, SMS and MMS with a few minutes of voice calls. I sometimes watch OTV and listen to music.

gorilla
4th July 2005, 10:56 AM
I too have voted for every 48 hours. I use my phone for voice calls, sms, and listening to music and reading ebooks. I pretty much use my phone for a good few hours every day and I'm happy enough with the battery life.

Jon3G
4th July 2005, 11:23 AM
I recharge my on average 72 hours

I use mine for SMS, data and the odd voice call

timothythetim
4th July 2005, 12:59 PM
I charge mine every day, but the battery is never anywhere near empty when I charge it. I just put mine onto charge before I go to bed. The only time I have ever come close to running out of battery was when I was playing gameboy games on it for a few hours.

MORPH
29th July 2005, 08:54 AM
Every 48 for me....been the same with all my colour screen nokias. My old monochrome ones lasted about 4 or 5 days!

dgilbert2
29th July 2005, 04:24 PM
I suggest this poll also takes into consideration whether the phone is being used on 2G or 3G networks. The impact on battery life due to this is significant.

Ben
29th July 2005, 04:40 PM
Good point. I'm borderline 3G/2G, mostly on 3G but switches are frequent.

MORPH
30th July 2005, 09:13 AM
3G 90% of the time, with screen on full brightness and bluetooth on all the time, and I never turn the handest off.

Schockwave
2nd August 2005, 12:04 AM
As I have only had it for just over a week, I am not sure how long my battery lasts, but my mobile is always on with bluetooth always on and 3G, screen is not quite on full brightness though, might change that.

I have actually bought a bluetooth keyboard to use with it and it works well, folds up nicely and has a padded soft case. It is the freedom keyboard, as it is cheaper than the Nokia one and got it from www.fonejunkie.co.uk.

At the moment I have only got one tune on my mobile.

MORPH
2nd August 2005, 09:27 AM
Quite a good site for accessories there, I usually use http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/index.htm it might be a good idea if someone started a thread where people could share links to accessories sites?

fat jez
2nd August 2005, 03:11 PM
I get about a day or so out of mine, depending on how much data I download and whether I forget to turn bluetooth off.

I'm sat in good 3G coverage.

Cheers,
Jez

ads
2nd August 2005, 03:49 PM
Im on 3G all of the time, and use emulators, listen to some music etc. but it usually lasts at least 2.5 / 3 days... :confused:

Schockwave
2nd August 2005, 10:59 PM
Quite a good site for accessories there, I usually use http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/index.htm it might be a good idea if someone started a thread where people could share links to accessories sites?

That is also a good website, and I now have the music stand, which I bought off ebay. The speakers are very good and have a lot of power output. Can also plug an mp3 player or cd player into it and listen to music. :) ;)

jon3sh
15th August 2005, 05:31 AM
I guess depends on the usage of the phone if you have screen savers running that would be less than normal.