Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G UK Mobile Networks > Three UK - 3G Handset and Mobile Broadband Services > Three UK Customer Experiences

Three UK Customer Experiences Report your experience of Three UK, good or bad, here. Comment on other peoples experiences and offer help and advice.

Old 8th February 2007, 03:35 PM
New to Talk3G

Yourhavingalaugh is on a distinguished road
DefaultThree UK Complaints - Contacts

Complaints:

My girlfriend had issues with the network service & the handset provided over a period of approx 3 months in excess of a year ago. Having no sucess with the call centre, I checked out a number of forums & checked Hutchisons websites for contacts.

An email was issued to the first 3 email addresses below for Three UK & after approx 48 hours she received a call, the handset was replaced & a follow up call from Three received seeking feedback. All problems resolved (however at the end of the contract period, the business was taken elshwhere!)

If it had not been resolved after the first email, a further email (as details below) would have been issued.

Listed below is the information collated together which hopefully maybe of assistance to users:

Send detailed emails – in the subject row state: Hutchison 3G Complaint – Account No: …………..

As with all complaints, be firm but not abusive, the content of the email should state the problem, in this instance of the service or the handset (list model number), length of time of the problem, how you have tried to report matters with them etc, also list dates, times & names of personnel of which you have spoken to. End the email stating that you expect their reply at the earliest opportunity but no later than 48 hours of email issue (don’t forget to list down a contact number)

If you get no response, send email No 2 and copy those listed below. Add additional wording that you have received no reply despite previous verbal & email communications and you need an urgent reply to resolve the issues.

If still no reply ………., think of an alternative strategy, but don’t let them get you down!

Email Contacts:

Send first email to 1, 2 & 3 – if no reply within 48 hours forward the same email with additional wording and copy in 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 – Hopefully you should get a call back!!!

1. (UK Customer Services)
2. (UK Media Contact)
3. (UK Media Contact)
4. (Ofcom Communications Director)
5. (Parent Company Media Contact)
6. (Parent Company Media Contact)
7. (Parent Company Media Contact)
8. (Overall Holding Company)

Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services

Matt Peacock, Communications Director – Email:
Media Contacts:

Hutchison 3G UK Limited - Media Contacts:

Mr Rigby, Mark Mr Brewster, Edward
Tel: (44-20) 7350 5696 Tel: (44-20) 7350 5696
Fax: (44-20) 7350 5707 Fax: (44-20) 7350 5681
Email: Email:

Hutchison Whampoa Limited - Parent Company of Hutchison Telecommunications in Hong Kong - Media Contacts:

Ms Cheung, Laura Ms Kwok, Euginie
Tel: (852) 2128 1289 Tel: (852) 2128 1343
Fax: (852) 2128 1766 Fax: (852) 2128 1766
Email: Email:

Mr Lau, Jeremy
Tel: (852) 2128 1370
Fax: (852) 2128 1766
Email:

Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd – Overall Holding Company:

Email:

Hutchison 3G UK Address & Contact:
Hutchinson 3G, Spare House, 20 Grensell Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1EH. Tel No: ?
Mr Bob Fuller – Managing Director

Parent Company In Hong Kong Address & Contact:

Hutchison Telecommunications International Limited, 18/F, Two Harbourfront, 22 Tak Fung Street
Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Web site: http://www.htil.com/eng/global/home.php
Mr Canning Fox - Chairman

Parent Company of Hutchison Telecommunications in Hong Kong & Contact:

Hutchison Whampoa Limited, 22/F Hutchison House, 10 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong.
Web site: www.hutchison-whampoa.com/eng/index.htm
Mr Canning Fox - Group Managing Director
Mr LI Ka-shing – Group Chairman

Holding Company of Hutchison Whampoa in Hong Kong & Contact:

Cheung Kong (Holdings) Ltd, 7th Floor, Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong, Phone: (212) 815-2345, Fax: (212) 571-3050. Email:
Web Site: http://www.ckh.com.hk
Mr LI Tzar Kuoi, Victor - Managing Director (Son of Chairman)
Mr LI Ka-shing - Group Chairman & majority shareholder
Old 8th February 2007, 06:02 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice

Hi welcome to Talk3g.co.uk.

A very comprehensive list that hopefully most wont have to fully explore to get satisfaction.

Good work!!
Old 8th February 2007, 06:19 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Damn! Its almost worth taking out a new contract on 3, very tempting indeed

What an excellent post Yourhavingalaugh - what an entrance, this man has style
Old 8th February 2007, 07:25 PM
Talk3G Reg

solo12002 will become famous soon enough

" Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries"

Oh is that what its claimed they do? Ask most users and you find the option is they lack teeth to do anything or are in the pockets of the networks.
Old 8th February 2007, 07:27 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Don't OFCOM host the MNO cartel dinners?
Old 14th February 2007, 11:48 PM
Talk3G Reg

solo12002 will become famous soon enough

Ok guys Im sure someone will tell me off but :

Mark Rigby is on leave until 8th January (inc). For media matters relating to 3UK, please contact Hugh Davies:

mobile 07782 325 923

If you wish to contact Mark on a personal matter in the meantime, he can be reached at:

Mobile 07782 329 433

LOL Ive just spotted hes no turned out of office off, leave untill 8th jan. ffs thats over a month ago, I wonder if hes back!!
Old 16th April 2008, 06:45 PM
New to Talk3G

haterofthree is on a distinguished road
DefaultHa! Three Customer Service?

Okay, this is funny......

I read yourhavingalaugh's post as I wanted advice on how to get my money back after three charged me for "failed downloads". So I sent an email to the first three addresses as advised. I got two no such addresses replies and one very fast reply from executive office saying "Thank you for your e-mail highlighting your concerns. This has been forwarded to the correct department for investigation. Your e-mail has been forwarded to " I held out some hope!

SO I wrote: "I have already spent an exhausting twelve minutes on the phone to customer services. I got nowhere. That is why I emailed you."

and they wrote: "Thank you for your e-mail highlighting your concerns. This has been forwarded to the correct department for investigation. Your e-mail has been forwarded to "

So I wrote: "Is there anybody out there?"

and they wrote "Thank you for your e-mail highlighting your concerns. This has been forwarded to the correct department for investigation. Your e-mail has been forwarded to "

So I wrote: "Boo!"

and guess what they wrote? Yep, they wrote "Thank you for your e-mail highlighting your concerns. This has been forwarded to the correct department for investigation. Your e-mail has been forwarded to "

What a joke eh?
Old 16th April 2008, 08:14 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Sounds like they've got a very chatty auto-responder. But hey, someone'll have a giggle when they read all your emails!
Old 28th April 2008, 03:50 PM
New to Talk3G

Not Happy is on a distinguished road
AngryFurther Contacts

I personally will NEVER use 3 again.

Unexplained charges and demands for money which call centre operatives cannot explain and have no record of but which are sent in ever more threatening letters...

For anyone who is trying to complain...

Try this number which, which is in the UK!!!! 01628765000

From here you can ask for:

Ian McLuckie (customer service Director)
Simon Kirby (Head of service and customer experience)
Tony Sidhu (Head of Service Delivery)
Justin Bull (Customer service delivery manager)

Or any of the other names that are mentioned above.

Hopefully one of these people can help but if not then it should just be fun to make them sweat when they have to come face-to-face with a real live customer

You should also be able to email them once you have names as the email address follows a stnadard format. eg ,

Hope this helps
Old 28th April 2008, 08:22 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

It is really and truly sad that 3 are;
(a) still up to their old tricks and
(b) that they are able to generate so much ill-will in their customers.

Kevin, if you are reading this please, pretty please, get rid of your Indian Call Centre and put some excellence where it belongs. Otherwise all that superb work you have done so far will be for nought. And that would be a crying shame.
Old 13th May 2008, 03:41 PM
New to Talk3G

Not Happy is on a distinguished road

Further to above posting - email addresses are actually
Old 27th May 2008, 02:04 PM
New to Talk3G

chajun is on a distinguished road
DefaultWhen is an upgrade not an upgrade?

Having spent best part of 12 months sorting out a "3" mega billing Muck up!!!!!
my wife and I 18mnth contracts expire on 7th July 2008 I was advised by their customer service dept to speak to the upgrade dept anytime between 25th May -7th june to find out what super ofers were available to us if we decided to stay with them. This I have just done and begrudginly there is only one offer which I am sure is available anyway in their shops.

Mix and match 300 @£15 per month for 18 months again. Anybody have any coments/ info about offers being made to other customers.
Thanks

I think the P is being taken!!!
Old 11th July 2008, 12:26 PM
New to Talk3G

david33 is on a distinguished road

Very good job Yourhavingalaugh.

I think a lot of us have good reasons to sue Hutchison 3G, for different reasons. Is there any consumers union in UK that dispatch the complaints?
Old 24th August 2008, 04:13 PM
New to Talk3G

phil8715 is on a distinguished road

Another contact for you

Simon Irving Executive Office
Old 26th August 2008, 03:36 PM
New to Talk3G

trevorlf is on a distinguished road

none off email contacts work they bounce back. The UK ones
Old 26th August 2008, 05:15 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Probably flooded with complaints
Old 4th September 2008, 03:20 PM
New to Talk3G

planetf1 is on a distinguished road

Funnily enough I'm in need of an email address for the exec office, or at least a senior customer service person.

Any good addresses please PM. Am trying a few firstname.lastname as we speak, as well as the std customer.services.
Old 4th September 2008, 06:54 PM
Talk3G Admin

always used to be a good one.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:07 PM
New to Talk3G

dommersj is on a distinguished road

Thank you for some good advice here. Just got off the phone from customer services in India - 30 mins and got nowhere. Not the first time either... Read on.

What's worse is that they phoned me following a letter I sent to the Chief Executive! I find it staggering that a recorded letter to the Chief Executive was sent direct to India.

Here is my letter (edited slightly to take out personal details).

Mr Kevin Steven Russell
Chief Executive
Hutchison 3G UK Ltd.
The Executive Office
123 St. Vincent Street
Glasgow
G2 5EA

RECORDED DELIVERY

CC: Mike Reid, Head of Collections, Hutchison 3G Uk Ltd, Hutchison House, 5 Hester Road, Battersea, London, SW11 4AN
CC: Andrew Bartle, Chief Operations, Lowell, PO Box 172, Leeds, LS11 9WS

Dear Sirs

I was a customer of 3 for several years before moving to O2 in 2006 because your mobile email system was not fully functional. I returned to 3 earlier this year after being impressed with the service I received in your xxxxxxx retail outlet.

Please note the account reference numbers above.

In addition I have a mobile broadband service with you, and my partner and daughter have 3 Pay As You Go accounts. I calculate that as a household we spend between £900-£1000 per annum with your organisation.

I pay by Direct Debit every month.

I was outraged to receive two letters this morning – the first from Mike Reid REF xxxxxxxxxxxx stating that a debt has been assigned to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd. The second letter is from Andrew Bartle of Lowell Porfolio (same reference number), stating that I need to settle the outstanding debt amount of £50.25p.

I have no knowledge of this debt whatsoever.

After speaking with your service centre at x.xxpm on xx/09/2008 (Sxxxxx Wxxxxx) they informed me that the debt related to a contract from 2004.

Needless to state that I was furious.

Your representative continued to tell me that I even had a credit applied following termination of the original contract and I really couldn’t understand what this debt even relates to. I believe this is your error – and find it difficult to think back to such an insignificant event in my life from 2 to 4 years ago!

Please provide copies of all letters and include full details of contact attempted in relation to this debt recovery in the period 2004-2006.

To compound matters, when I entered into a new contract with 3 earlier this year I gave them my old account details and all the normal credit checks etc were fine. No mention of any debt – if there was I would have been only too happy to discuss in a civilised and professional manner.

So for the last 6 months I have been happily using my mobile phone and broadband accounts unaware that there is a £50.25p debt from 2004 – something I have never been given the opportunity to challenge or even PAY!

Hutchison 3G Uk Ltd has never approached me regarding this matter, yet they deem it acceptable to move a debt I know nothing about to a third party agency. This is unacceptable – I think you need your loyal customers yet you treat me in this manner without courtesy or integrity.

I am work for a financial institution and have to undergo an annual credit screen. By moving this debt (that I dispute and have no knowledge of) to a third party collection agency, you have now put my employment at risk. I hold Hutchison 3G Uk Ltd. wholly responsible for this predicament.

Your service centre promised me a call back within 2 hours from manager Mr Dxxxxxx. This never happened. I request a transcript of this call to be sent to me at your earliest inconvenience.

Amazingly Sxxxxxx stated “Have a great day” upon her goodbye! Needless to say it was not a great day. I am angry, upset and now extremely concerned about my employment.

As an absolute minimum I request that the debt is retrieved from Lowell Portfolio. I require confirmation of this in writing from Hutchison 3G Uk Ltd and Lowell Portfolio. I also will require written confirmation that no Credit agencies (particularly Equifax / Experian) have been informed of this debt.

I look forward to your comprehensive response within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

10 days later I received a call from Customer Services in India. !!!

To say I am furious is an understatement. 30 mins of pure scripted frustration followed. They eventually offered to email the Chief Exec but in their own imitable scripted style basically said "don't hold my breath".

I will alow 1 week (they have stated that's how long it will take for the transcripts - took me 30mins of badgering and demand to speak to floor manage to achieve that promise!) before writing again to Chief Exec and will be using some of the tips above. I will resort to sending all corres to Mr Russells home address as a last resort.

In the meantime they have suggested I pay the debt to stop someone "coming round". Madness.

Will speak to Lowell to get them to hold fire (bearing mind I have already written to them!) - All letters sent recorded delivery.

I will keep you informed and hopefully have some further tips on achieving a basic level of customer service from this organisation.

Any suggestions on when to ask help from Ofcom? Should I wait a bit more?
Old 8th October 2008, 10:07 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

If they send the baliffs to you all you have to do is tell the baliff that you are "in dispute" with Three. They cannot do anything at that point and will refer the case back to Three.

In Three's first year of existence they really messed up my account, big time. They twice cancelled the DD and then blamed me. Then, without warning, they put their debt collector service on to me. I immediately told the debt collector that I was in dispute with Three and about to take them to court, and they backed away instantly. No further contact was made. It took almost a year for Three to admit they were in the wrong.

I have been back to Three twice more as a contract customer - they messed me around both times. Then one last time as a PAYG when they gave me a pair of SkypePhones as a trial. One broke, Three CS could not be made to understood that I wanted a warranty claim, they would not help unless I could tell them where I bought the handsets from. Even then they could not understand that I was a triallist at the request of Kevin Russel himself.

I gave up, walked away and vow never to deal with them ever again as long as their Indian CS persists.

To answer your closing question - you can contact OFCOM any time you like but don't expect a whole lot. They will not act on your individual complaint - rather they will add it to the pile and beat Three up routinely and regularly each quarter. So don't wait, put your protest in. You are just another statistic.

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode