View Full Version : Orange Business Everywhere 7.1 problems

tiggybear
3rd August 2006, 11:26 AM
I have recently purchased an Orange Datacard (The Fusion one) and it came with Orange's impossible Business Everwhere software v7.1.
I have struggled with this useless package for over a week now and after yet anoher yet another chargeable call to Orange Customer Services I uninstalled the software and just use the card as a modem. This seems to work well though I can only at present connect to the GPRS network. I am hoping this is because of lack of 3G coverage in the area I mostly use the card in at the moment. Before with the abysmal Business Everwhere software the card would sometimes indicate a 3G connection but rarely did it ever operate on it for data and more often than not would just hang before reverting back to GPRS.
Orange's 'Business Everywhere Help' pdf states that Orange will supply software without all their Orange nonsense on it upon request but Customer Services say this is not the case and will not supply drivers on their own. However after uninstalling the awful Orange software the drivers remain on the notebook.
A very regrettable purchase.

Ben
3rd August 2006, 12:29 PM
Oh dear :( Welcome to Talk3G!

It is indeed known that Orange's datacard product is not one of choice. I've now had the Vodafone 3G Connect Card and Vodafone 3G Broadband Card (Option, Huawei) and both have performed admirably.

Is it too late to cancel your contract and return the card? You have to be very careful with all mobile phone contracts to really put the product through its paces in the first 14 days.

With regard to you connecting with just the drivers - on my Vodafone card if I do that it will only connect to the network with the preferences I last used. So, if I had the card in 3G-only mode, only 3G-only connectivity would be possible regardless of the dial-up connection I activated. Is it possible you were using 2G only before you uninstalled the software?

I do find that in mixed signal areas it is best to lock datacard products to one mode or the other, as several seconds are lost during 'switching'.

3g-g
3rd August 2006, 02:51 PM
Deary me, it seems in over a year nothing has been done about the poor Orange MOC software as I mentioned back in June 2005! (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=714&highlight=orange+mobile+office+card)

If all the other operators can manage to make their office card solutions work why can't Orange? Mine gets closer to being smashed into a million tiny pieces each day! Grrrr!

dodge
6th September 2006, 03:18 PM
I am using the Orange data card and it works fine on both 3G and GPRS. Probably better than the Vodafone card I used to have. The Orange software doesn't have the roaming problems that I experienced with Vodafones software.

Sounds like you have an installation problem with the software. You need to make sure you have completely removed any old software from your machine. The drivers will remain installed even if you remove the software. You should have got an external antenna with your card and this should help boost the signal.

Hands0n
6th September 2006, 03:23 PM
The drivers will remain installed even if you remove the software.

As do the Registry entries. Load up Regedit and remove anything that refers to the card's software before attempting a re-install. The very presence of previous Registry entries can cause software (re)install problems.

Ben
6th September 2006, 06:39 PM
What brand card are you using, dodge? Orange, like many nets, have used a couple.