Thread: Good Riddence NEC......
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2006, 07:48 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
......... market features wanted by the network operators.

Aha, thats where they went wrong then .... it is not the "network operators" who buy handsets, it is us stinky old Customers - anyone in the MNO business know what one of those is? Patently not!

So, NEC cannot compete in the European space, and we should care a jot about that? Economics here in the West is simple, compete or go under. If NEC thought life here was going to be any different (i.e. instead like in Japan) then they really ought to have done their homework better.

The NEC e338 was - I thought - a stopgap to their next 3G release. Instead they sat back and cried into their saki. It was a failure as a handset, cheap and nasty like their previous stuff (only the previous was not so cheap, but was nasty).

I'll shed few crockadile tears for NECs departure from the 3G arena. There are plenty of competing devices to make NEC a total irrelevance.