Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > Nokia 3G News Articles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nokia 3G News Articles Please post news articles related to Nokia here. All articles should include a link to the source unless you're writing them yourself.

Old 1st June 2006, 11:22 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti has a spectacular aura aboutgetti has a spectacular aura about
Default Nokia N72 Starts Shipping

Nokia today announced that it has started shipments of the Nokia N72, a sleek and stylish multimedia computer. In pearl pink or gloss black, this compact package has high-perfomance multimedia at its core, wrapped in a beautiful design. The Nokia N72 offers the benefits of versatile photography, entertainment and personal productivity to people who value style as much as high performance. A powerful yet stylish multimedia device, the Nokia N72 is equipped with a 2-megapixel camera and integrated digital music player, with dedicated capture key, music player key, an integrated browser, FM radio and support for Visual Radio.

"The Nokia N72 perfectly illustrates our commitment to offer the powerful performance of the Nokia Nseries to people based in regions dominated by EDGE/GSM network coverage," said Pekka Pohjakallio, vice president, Multimedia Computers, Nokia. "The Nokia N72 allows you to tailor your multimedia device to match your interests, whether music, imaging or entertainment content, all in a stylish design you will be proud to own."

Walk, Talk and Rock
Personalize your Nokia N72 with a choice of digital music tracks, and enjoy music on the go with the integrated digital music player. Press the music player key for direct access to your music tracks. Rip music from your CDs, create playlists and transfer your music onto your Nokia N72 with the Nokia Music Manager, a part of Nokia PC Suite.

Slide and Shoot
Morph your Nokia N72 into a digital camera by sliding open the active lens cover and compose your shot using the high definition 2.1 inch colour display. The 2 megapixel (1600 x 1200 pixels) camera includes an integrated flash, which will make it easy to capture images even in low light conditions. Capture photos or video clips with just one click, and later personalize your gallery image collection with the integrated photo and video editor. Choose your favorites to print or transfer them onto a compatible PC, with the option of online sharing on select Internet communities.

Matching themed headset and wrist strap are included in sales packs of the Nokia N72.

The Nokia N72 has started shipments to key markets worldwide, including the Middle East and Africa, Russia, Eastern Europe, mainland China, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_03_n72_black_lowres.jpg (50.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg l_01_n72_black_lowres.jpg (18.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg l_02_n72_black_lowres.jpg (43.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 1st June 2006, 11:36 AM
Regular Poster

Yssybyl has a spectacular aura aboutYssybyl has a spectacular aura about

I had a play with the pearl pink version last Friday. It is *very* pink and far too girly even for me. If you're interested, get the black one . I struggled to find any improvements on the N70 though, so don't feel you're missing anything if you're not in one of the listed shipping areas
Old 1st June 2006, 03:37 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

It does strike me as a rather gorgeous N70 clone. Not that this is a bad thing at all - the N70 has done fantastically for Nokia as far as I can tell, and I'm sure this one will too.
Old 5th June 2006, 12:03 PM

Biggy_d is on a distinguished road

I want one i want one i want one! cant wait for my 18 month contract to run out now!!
Old 5th June 2006, 07:48 PM
Regular Poster

mob453 will become famous soon enough

the N70-5 looks gorgeous and so does this.
Old 6th June 2006, 11:11 AM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

I've got an N70 and was looking forward to this to be the next step..
But it really doesnt appeal that much to me..
I may as well stick with my N70 y'know?

Hmm.
Old 6th June 2006, 01:25 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Or wait until the Chinese clone the casing and "upgrade" your N70
Old 6th June 2006, 01:44 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

Yeah!

...then sell it.

Heheheheheheh..

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode