Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Samsung 3G > Samsung News Articles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Samsung News Articles Please post news articles related to Samsung here. All articles should include a link to the source unless you're writing them yourself.

Old 31st August 2006, 01:37 AM
T3G Super Mod

3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Thinnest 3G handsets in the world!

*Mmmmm, drools!*

Samsung have been getting better and better at making handsets I think, they're taking production and manufacturing to amazing new levels, as proved by the thinnest 2G handset that's currently out, and soon these 3 bad boys! My 6680 was getting a bit much for the old jacket pocket at times so I invested in a moto SLVR for the weekend, suits you! However, if I could get my hands on one of these...!

Quote:
Those astoundingly thin Ultra Editions put on a bit of weight after gorging themselves on 3G goodness, but having held them in our trembling hands we’re pleased to report they’re far from tubby.

Leading the pack, and claiming the crown of thinnest 3G phone ever, is the 8.4mm thick Z370.

Underneath its slimline shell, those clever Koreans have crammed in UMTS, a 2 Megapixel camera, and a second VGA peeper for video calls too.

The whole package weighs in at a pocket-friendly 71g, and it’s just 1.5mm thicker than the 2.5G equivalent, Samsung’s X820.

But it’s not just Samsung’s candybar which has gotten the 3G treatment, they’ve given their thinnest clamshell, the D830, the next-gen blessing too, dubbing the fancy flipper the Z620.

It’s similarly lightweight, at 96.5g, and only 1.9mm thicker than its 2.5g cousin. Samsung have made its 2 megapixel camera rotate too, so video calling’s an absolute cinch.

Lastly, the sliding D900 gets bumped up by just 0.9mm to complete the transition to 3G.

Weighing in at 80g but measuring a respectable 13.8mm thick, the newest Z720 handset really is the cream of Samsung’s crop.

Despite the addition of a second camera and a high-speed HSDPA connection, the slimline slider’s still comfortably the best 3G blower we’ve seen, retaining the 3 meg camera of its predecessor, and toting full auto-focus for the sharpest shooting possible.

There’s no word on pricing or availability yet, but Samsung are eager to get these handsets out of the door.

They’ve already seen healthy sales of Ultra Editions in the UK, so we’d expect to see the new 3G variants before the end of the year.

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communi...s_ultras_go_3g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z370_gal.jpg (32.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg z620_gal.jpg (21.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg z720_gal.jpg (33.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 31st August 2006, 06:59 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

*almost speechless*

That Z720 is eyewateringly gorgeous! Damn that I have to wait till June for contract renewal ................... but by then the Z720a will be out. That will be credit-card-thin, have laser hologram display for the latest 3G killer app, 3DTV and Videocalling. Marvelous

Damn!!!