Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Links to Other Sites and Resources > Other Technology & OT Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Technology & OT Discussion Dedicated area for chat about other technologies and personal interests.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th September 2006, 10:49 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob453 View Post
using pclinuxos, smoothest linux I've used so far

Cor, what a nice implementation of Linux is that then? I downloaded the ISO, cut a CD and ran it in Live mode - it was very useable to anyone familiar with the Window$ paradigm.

Back to Ubuntu though .....Has anyone had any success getting it up and running with WiFi WPA-PSK security? It is a right Dogs Dinner of a config. So far I've downloaded and installed wpa_supplicant and wpa_gui to try and configure it without hacking the .conf files (which are not where they are documented to be).

Ubuntu happily comes up with unprotected WiFi - but so to do the local Netstumblers Not that I'd know anything about that then.

Hints and tips greatly appreciated. Full on config details and you can have both by daughters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Threaded Mode