Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > Nokia 3G News Articles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nokia 3G News Articles Please post news articles related to Nokia here. All articles should include a link to the source unless you're writing them yourself.

Old 25th April 2006, 11:36 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti has a spectacular aura aboutgetti has a spectacular aura about
Default Nokia Announce New Phones In N-Series

Nokia Drives Internet Convergence With New Nokia Nseries Devices and Experiences

April 25 2006, Berlin and Hong Kong – Nokia today unveiled a new range of Nokia Nseries multimedia computers and experiences, reinforcing Nokia’s leadership in making the Internet mobile. Nokia Nseries has become synonymous with high-performance multimedia experiences and these new devices further establish Nokia Nseries as the leader in mobile multimedia. All Nokia Nseries devices include high-quality video and photo capture capabilities, superb audio performance, high speed Internet browsing and more.

“Nokia Nseries brings mobility to those experiences which used to be linked to a place or a single purpose device. When you have a Nokia Nseries device that is always with you and connected, you no longer need to sit in front of your TV to watch your favorite program or take along a separate digital camera when you go on vacation,” said Anssi Vanjoki, executive vice president and general manager of Multimedia, Nokia. “Our goal is to make it easy for people to have their favorite experiences – whether it’s sharing video, browsing the Internet or buying new music – with them all the time.”

The Nokia Nseries range is an iconic example of the fastest growing product category in the mobile space: converged devices. Nokia expects that the coverged device market will grow to 100 million units in 2006 and to exceed 250 million units in 2008. According to Canalys research, the converged device market reached 53 million units in 2005 with Nokia commanding more than 50 percent market share of that market.

“We launched Nokia Nseries last year to address this fast growing market and we have already sold approximately 5 million Nokia Nseries multimedia computers,” explained Vanjoki. “Clearly, people want to have a device that gives them access to all digital content, all the time, wherever they are and at a reasonable cost.”

Nokia also announced continued cooperation with Carl Zeiss and Adobe, as well as a new cooperation with Flickr, a Yahoo! company.

“The Internet is evolving towards communities of people actively creating and sharing their thoughts and experiences. Working with companies like Carl Zeiss, Adobe, Flickr and others means that Nokia Nseries customers not only get the best in technology, but also the best in useability,” continued Vanjoki. “It’s very easy to record video, edit it so you can tell the story you want and then share the finished video with whomever you want. With Nokia Nseries, we enable people to create and share their experiences, in the way they want.”

The Nokia N93 is the ultimate mobile device for spontaneous video recording. With uncompromised digital camcorder, telephony and rich Internet communications functionality, it features a 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, DVD-like video capture at 30 frames per second, and 3x optical zoom with video stabilization. You can see your memories come to life on the high definition display, or connect the Nokia N93 directly to your TV for a widescreen movie experience.

The Nokia N73 is a stunning multimedia computer with powerful photography features and integrated stereo speakers with 3D sound. In addition to providing the standard range of Nokia Nseries multimedia experiences, the Nokia N73 includes a 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, auto focus and support for uploading your photos to the Flickr.com photo community; all in all, a package ready to challenge any digital camera.

The Nokia N72 has high-perfomance multimedia at its core, wrapped in a beautiful pearl pink or gloss black package. The Nokia N72 offers the benefits of versatile photography, entertainment and personal productivity to people who value style as much as technology. Powerful yet stylish, the Nokia N72 is equipped with a 2 megapixel camera and integrated digital music player, with dedicated capture and music keys as well as an FM radio and support for Visual Radio.

The Nokia N93 and Nokia N73, which are based on S60 3rd Edition software on Symbian OS, are expected to be available in July 2006. The Nokia N72 is expected to be available in June 2006.

About Nokia Nseries

Nokia Nseries is a range of high performance multimedia devices that delivers unparalleled mobile multimedia experiences by combining the latest technologies with stylish design and ease of use. With Nokia Nseries products, consumers can use a single device to enjoy entertainment, access information and to capture and share pictures and videos, whenever and wherever they want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09_n73_lowres.jpg (41.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 01_n73_lowres.jpg (30.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 02_n73_lowres.jpg (47.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 01_n72_black_lowres.jpg (18.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 25th April 2006, 11:37 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

Additional Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02_n72_pink_lowres.jpg (48.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 01_n93_lowres.jpg (29.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 02_n93_lowres.jpg (33.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 05_n93_lowres.jpg (88.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 25th April 2006, 12:02 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks getti!

I'm actually quite liking them First impressions are all good here! I still don't think the NSeries has 'arrived' (perhaps because most of the handsets never got taken on to the major UK nets) but these are certainly welcome additions and make the portfolio pretty massive.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:09 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

Just done a breaking news podcast which will download to your computer via itunes if you subscribe.

However if you want here is the link to the file. Has specs and info on the phones

http://www.todayon3g.co.uk/podcasts/show4b.mp3
Old 25th April 2006, 12:13 PM
Regular Poster

Yssybyl has a spectacular aura aboutYssybyl has a spectacular aura about

These handsets where being worked on as I left Nokia. The N72 is the slightly updated N70 ( as you can probably tell from the picture of the black back ). The N73 was looking pretty impressive with a better camera and very nice high quality screen. I wasn't too sure about the colours, but then I've never been a "girly" girl and prefer black/silver to white/bright colours

The N93 is what the N90 should have been - with added TV capabilities - looking forward to that coming out
Old 25th April 2006, 12:22 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssybyl
The N93 is what the N90 should have been - with added TV capabilities - looking forward to that coming out
I'll drink to that, it looks much more appealing than the N90 did, a real fusion of functionality in that one.

The availability seems too good to be true, also... I mean, we're in April now, and they think these puppies will be in our hands by the summer? I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:27 PM
Regular Poster

Yssybyl has a spectacular aura aboutYssybyl has a spectacular aura about

IMHO that's reasonable for the N72 and N73 - the 72 wouldn't have needed much extra development effort and the 73 was "well on its way" in dec 2005... okay there may be the usual last minute delays, but july should be about right just think of the adverts with the boys and girls watching tv and listening to music and taking pictures of each other in the park on those hot summer days... It's probably been filmed already :P
Old 25th April 2006, 01:18 PM
Regular Poster

solo12002 will become famous soon enough

Nice phones, but the problem is Nokia is taking so long to get them out, some of the other N and E series phones that we were informed were going to be released months agao are yet to be seen.

The other thing that P's me of is when you buy a brand new nokia mobile to find that they up date it two months later I can think of the 6210 followed by the 6210i etc
Old 25th April 2006, 01:20 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

..and to think I was grumblign this morning about everyone getting an N80 before me.. I'm getting me an N73!

Woo..

Nice one dudes.
Old 28th April 2006, 10:35 AM

teclo is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one that thinks the new n73 is a bit too long and thin??

To me, there is just something not quite right about the design, but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

The other one, the N72 looks like one of those gaudy fashion phones that nokia released last year. With all the wierd lines, mirrors and stuff. Who thought it would be a good idea to take the great looking N70 and _tart it up a bit_??
Old 28th April 2006, 05:24 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

The only thing that strikes me about the N73 is that the keypad seems to be squished down the bottom with minimal sized keys. Won't be seeing too many of those in Lumberjack hands then

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode