Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N70
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2006, 01:42 PM

teclo is on a distinguished road
Default N70 we hardly knew yeh

Well my N70 goes back to VF this week, with my 18 month contract terminated. I'm not a happy camper at the moment to say the least.

After 20 minutes talking to some girl and being told that my sim card may have worn out (??) i asked to speak to the manager and afte another 10-15 minutes talking to him I was given the offer of terminating the contract or having the half priced line rental extended.

I am quite annoyed as I really iked my N70 so I guess I will have to go and get myself another one.
Old 4th June 2006, 02:05 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to all

Well you could probably do a lot worse than checking out T-Mobile Flext with an N70. The first 14 days are yours to evaluate the service - you already know the handset - and so long as it works in your area of work and play I reckon the Flext package is near-unbeatable.
Old 4th June 2006, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't looked at the TMobile packages before and the Flex25 Web N Walk seemed like a good deal so I ordered one

The idea of unlimited internet was very appealing.
Old 4th June 2006, 05:56 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to allHands0n is a name known to all

You're very welcome It is indeed very appealing Previously to Flext I would not have given T-Mobile a second look! I am seriously considering "upgrading" to WNW Pro for an extra three quid or so a month. That would allow me to link up the laptop/PDA for upto 2GB per month which would do me fine.

I have Vodafone also - with an SE W900i - and am very pleased with the service etc. But there are others who have not had such a great time with them. And to be honest, I did leave them once before for being intransigent about an early upgrade. The Vodafone [own] shop was happier for me to walk out empty-handed than to retain my business, so I walked away. What won me back was the exclusive W900i and the STC deal which I make copious use of for personal calls.
Old 4th June 2006, 08:19 PM

Well I was perfectly happy with the contract I was on, 200 minutes or so with the Stop the clock thing, I ended up with 400 minutes this month. Plus I used about 10 meg worth of data and it didn't cost me anything.

The only problem was that I had no signal in the flat

Walking about in the carpark outside my flat holding the phone like a tricorder, looking for a signal for 20 minutes this morning is what finally pushed me over the edge.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
Old 5th June 2006, 11:00 AM

Biggy_d is on a distinguished road

I have the N70 on the FlexT 35 and i havn't had any problems with service and i get like 900 mins free or 1800 texts (or anything inbetween!) its great. and what i love the most is that Tmobile send me a text every monday informing me of how much i have to spend in the remaining month! today i only have £146.94 to spend by the 26th! ha!
Old 7th June 2006, 09:05 AM

Received my new N70 on T-Mobile this morning, no signal at work, but thats understandable we had to install an O2 repeater in the building to give blanket O2 coverage here.

Anyhoo, i did the old *#0000# thinking it might be new software and guess what, the software on the new phone is older than the older phone.

New Phone: V2.0537.1.7, 18-09-05
Old Phone: V2.0539.1.2, 19-10-05

So I am going to give them a call and see about getting that upgraded.
Old 7th June 2006, 09:30 AM
Regular Poster

Yssybyl has a spectacular aura aboutYssybyl has a spectacular aura about

I can't believe they are still shipping the software from last october!

Has anyone got software in the form of:

Vn.06nn.1.n ?

hopefully v3.06 at least...

there was a build planned in january so there should be some 0602 (2 digit year then week of year) floating around...
Old 7th June 2006, 09:35 AM

The october build was when i got the phone in November, the September build is the brand new phone I received this morning!!!
Old 7th June 2006, 10:34 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

Still, see how it goes. If it aint broke...
Old 7th June 2006, 10:38 AM

But I wanna have the new firmware!!

*sulks*
Old 7th June 2006, 11:12 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

I upgraded the firmware on my 6680. It had possibly the oldest firmware there was. The new(er) firmware isn't nearly as stable
Old 7th June 2006, 08:45 PM

Biggy_d is on a distinguished road

I want to upgrade my firmware too i have v1.5 i think cannot remember off the top of my head, the N70 does sometimes reset itself when im trying to do something but not all the time. Wonder if the newest version of firmware would fix this?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode