Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > LG Electronics 3G > LG 3G News Articles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LG 3G News Articles Please post news articles related to LG here. All articles should include a link to the source unless you're writing them yourself.

Old 23rd July 2006, 10:04 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold
Default LG U400 - yummy!

Anyone know when the U400 is coming out in the UK and will it be yet another 3 exclusive? Lovely spec'd handset http://uk.lgmobile.com/uk/phones/h_a...p?ph_name=U400 for an LG

Quote:
The U400 is a multitalented handset. On the surface it features a classy black and silver finish that’s luxurious to the touch but underneath beats the heart of a true multimedia sensation! Listen to music the way you want to, either through the built in speaker, stereo headphones or stream it via Bluetooth! Not only can you listen to all of your favourite music stored on the external memory card but you can also practice your DJ-ing skills and interact with it too. Use the intuitive Jog Wheel to scratch the music and activate cool samples by pressing any of the number keys. All this coupled with its photo and video capabilities makes this a handset that’ll keep you entertained for hours!
Okay, thats the hype over and done with ....

Things that caught my eye about this handset included the following;
Quote:
* Bluetooth technology allows wireless communication between compatible devices. Talk handsfree with a Bluetooth headset or exchange files with another Bluetooth compatible device.
* Stream stereo music via Bluetooth to other compatible Bluetooth stereo devices for a truly wire-free music experience!

* 2 megapixel camera with flash will ensure that your photos and videos will look great. With this high resolution camera you can take photos up to a highly detailed 1600x 1200 in size! [A bit pass'e these days. Ed]

* Store photos and videos in the U400’s photo album, video gallery or MicroSD memory card. [Lets hope 3 don't cripple that feature. Ed]

* Stream music in stereo via Bluetooth to other compatible Bluetooth devices. With a pair of Bluetooth stereo headphones you can listen to music wirelessly!

* Connect the U400 to your PC and you can drag and drop files directly to the external memory card slot without the need for software!
The streaming audio over bluetooth to stereo headphones is a neat touch that I've not seen implemented elsewhere (unless it just works like that for any BT phone/stereo-headset combo.

The phone does not look too shabby either!
Old 23rd July 2006, 10:56 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti will become famous soon enoughgetti will become famous soon enough

Its out as of last Friday on new connections. WePay and Upgrades from tomorrow (Monday)

Im gonna get one
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:07 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Any ideas on the WePay price? Tell me they are not glueing the USIM in place on the WePay U400.

Be interested in your review of the U400 when you've had a little play. It certainly grabs the eye.
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:15 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

SIM wont be glued in. only phones thats happening to are the C975 and the ZET as they are so cheap they were worried about people getting the phone for the credit and just dumping the phone.

My guess is £199.99 with £30 credit on WePay. I should have mine by Tuesday/Wednesday so if u want to know anything just ask
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:19 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Thats not a bad price at all, £169 for the handset is a bit of a bargain given what it is purported to do. It'll be one to unlock for sure (have to keep an eye out for the tool update!). Hmmmm, yes, very tempting to buy myself a little prezzy for after the holiday
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:39 PM
Regular Poster

mob453 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands0n
It'll be one to unlock for sure (have to keep an eye out for the tool update!).
Same chipset as u880, u890 and u300, so if those can be unlocked you'll be laughing
Old 23rd July 2006, 11:46 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob453
Same chipset as u880, u890 and u300, so if those can be unlocked you'll be laughing
Thats interesting. ATM I can only unlock the U8xxx series (triple X), the kit will not do the U8xx (double X) at the moment, although if they are true to form I hope they will release a free update to the unlock tool.
Old 24th July 2006, 10:11 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

Just off the phone to 3. Officialy available to upgrades as of now. Due to working and no one being here i cant order my U400 til Thursday to be here Friday but at least its this week
Old 24th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands0n
The streaming audio over bluetooth to stereo headphones is a neat touch that I've not seen implemented elsewhere (unless it just works like that for any BT phone/stereo-headset combo.
This'll be Bluetooth 2.0 then I assume? There are a few other phones that support the feature (Vodafone were selling one with free wireless speakers, I think it was probably a Sony Ericsson, but there are more) and the increased bandwidth generally will be very useful!
Old 24th July 2006, 01:23 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

The LG U890 also had this stereo bluetooth feature
Old 24th July 2006, 02:47 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice

The discounting has started already!!

Available on Talk & Text 600 on a 12 month contract with £112.00 Cashback, equivilent to £20.66 a month or £247.96 for the contract duration.

Checkout the latest deals at www.mobdeal.com
Old 24th July 2006, 06:15 PM
Regular Poster

mob453 will become famous soon enough

http://www.mobmms.com/view/7082.html

took a video of the user interface using my n70, simply because it's a scroll wheel...
Old 24th July 2006, 07:04 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Gah! 3 just reminded me why I promised never to trade with them ever again! They took my £15 unlock fee for a Nokia 6680 and then today some pleb at 3 called, asked all sorts of silly questions, lectured me for not registering the handset with 3 when I bought it from a dealer now defunt, and then tried to offer some advice. I offered him some first, told him to refund my £15 and go fly a kite in some dark place!

To think that I was seriously considering buying another product from them! Jeez, what the hell was wrong with me
Old 27th July 2006, 06:38 PM
New to Talk3G

TBK3G is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I have the LG U900 from 3 and would like ideas on unlocking the device. I got the from 3, but now that I am back home (South Africa) struggling to connect to local DVBH. Do you have any ideas?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode