Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N73
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 1st August 2006, 12:09 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light
Default Got one? Getting one?

With the Nokia N73 now available to buy out there (I've seen it SIM-Free under £400 and on Vodafone's website) I just wondered if anyone has one yet or is planning to get one?

I want to have a look at one in-the-flesh... it looks quite vulgar in some of the press photos!
Old 1st August 2006, 01:35 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

I think if they do something about the colour that it comes in - then this could well be my next phone...

I dont think I can make the jump to an SE just yet!

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2810
Old 1st August 2006, 08:06 PM
New to Talk3G

Frasman77 will become famous soon enough

I'm planning to get one.

Had a quick look at one in a vodafone shop the other day. The sales assistant whipped out her k800i and asked why I preferred the nokia. The two are very similar in form factor although I think the screen on the nokia is quite a bit biger, which I liked.

It's a cracking looking phone. Can't wait till it's out on orange.
Old 2nd August 2006, 01:24 AM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

I tried to get one today in P4U... but they only had them on 3.

"Can I help?"

"Yes. I'd like an N73, on T-Mobile, with Web n Walk on the FlexT tariff please!"

"Certainly - N73 - this way sir..."

"Excellent.. with web'n'walk?"

"Well no sir - we only do it on Three..."

"But I want it on T-Mobile..."

"Why?"

"FlexT, Web'n'walk etc..."

"Ah yeah - but Three are better..."

"But I want it on T-Mobile."

"I think you'll change your mind once you've played with one - Hang on - let me get it for you..."

"I've been playing with one for the past month mate..."

"Have you?!"

"Yes. In my office."

"Really? Where do you work?"

"Refresh Mobile..."

"Oh..."

Suddenly the atmosphere changed and the complete crap-filled spiel that he was giving me seemed to cease...

Not on T-Mobile yet?
No?

Ok mate - not interested.
Thanks though.

____

Grr
Old 2nd August 2006, 01:50 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

You went into P4U?

Voluntarily?

Old 2nd August 2006, 10:40 AM
Brand New Moderator

I was just making enquiries - mate trust me - I cant stand them!

(and there's no T-Mobile shops in Fulham... that I'm aware of anyway)

..and hey - no one told me that web n walk was only available on 18mth contracts!

BOO! to 18mth contracts - THEY SUCK!
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:56 PM

Alio is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about getting a N73 & N71,.......but then saw the N93 ........oh crap I just don't know now!

Last edited by Ben : 3rd August 2006 at 12:30 AM.
Old 4th August 2006, 03:44 PM
New to Talk3G

Nosskibird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
With the Nokia N73 now available to buy out there (I've seen it SIM-Free under £400 and on Vodafone's website) I just wondered if anyone has one yet or is planning to get one?

I want to have a look at one in-the-flesh... it looks quite vulgar in some of the press photos!
I had some really useful information from this forum when looking for an N70 9 months ago. With 9 months still to run on what i thought was a great deal (Vodafone 200 xnet mins & 500 txts £30 p/month) I am finding myself going over this bundle considerably every month. Vodafone won't give me anymore texts though even if i pay them more each month. They are also taking picture messages out of the text bundle this month!

Would love an N73 with at least 500 mins and 1000 texts for around £30 a month. Think its better than the K800 in terms of memory. Hopefully orange or T-mobile can be competitive. Whats the point of having a great cameraphone but having to pay loads to send them.

As for breaking my contract early, any recommendations where i can get the highest price for my N70 to pay off the line rental????
Old 4th August 2006, 04:13 PM
T3G Super Mod

3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosskibird
I had some really useful information from this forum when looking for an N70 9 months ago. With 9 months still to run on what i thought was a great deal (Vodafone 200 xnet mins & 500 txts £30 p/month) I am finding myself going over this bundle considerably every month. Vodafone won't give me anymore texts though even if i pay them more each month. They are also taking picture messages out of the text bundle this month!

Would love an N73 with at least 500 mins and 1000 texts for around £30 a month. Think its better than the K800 in terms of memory. Hopefully orange or T-mobile can be competitive. Whats the point of having a great cameraphone but having to pay loads to send them.

As for breaking my contract early, any recommendations where i can get the highest price for my N70 to pay off the line rental????
eBay is the most likely place to get the most I'd of thought, unless one of your friends/relatives is willing to part with the cash. You could always place it on here too in the for sale section with what you're wanting for it? Is there a reason as to why Voda won't move you to a tariff that more suits your needs? I know that Orange are happy to move you about, especially when there's more money involved for them!
Old 5th August 2006, 06:34 PM
New to Talk3G

Frasman77 will become famous soon enough

According to Orange CS the n73 is in review and due for launch on Orange this month.

Fingers crossed!
Old 16th August 2006, 04:14 PM
Brand New Moderator

I spoke to T-Mobile yesterday and they're still testing theirs apparently...
So no date yet.

Has anyone got one yet?
Old 16th August 2006, 06:09 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatleydude
I tried to get one today in P4U... but they only had them on 3.

Grr

.................. and you expected what else exactly from P4U then?

Really, you'd have been better going to Toys R Us.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:41 AM
Brand New Moderator

Hmm Yeah I know...

Well - I spoke to Vodafone about this and told them that I was considering moving to T-Mobile and that I wanted the N73 - I told them the only reason I was still with them was that the N73 wasnt out on T-Mobile yet..

First they tried to put me off with horror stories about T-Mobile's coverage and their customer service etc...

When that didnt work - they said they'd offer me an early upgrade (to teh N73) gratis if I stayed with them..

Tempting..
But I do get raped by Vodafone's charges some months.
I know there's STC and stuff - but for some godforsaken reason I cant have that on my contract because of some stupid reason..
...and its all pants.
Old 17th August 2006, 12:51 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Just a fleeting thought young whatters, but ... if Voda are willing to give you the N73 gratis, and you are still feeling a little charges-based sore at the puckered end why not tell them that you want STC and anything else that takes your fancy - otherwise you're off at the first opportunity regardless of their in-house horror stories (which are utterly false btw). See if that stirs them into compliance with your desires, now't to lose I'd say and my dear ole mum used to give it large with the "Don't ask, don't get" philosophy.

On that note - before going to T-Mobile I, too, was given horror stories about what I can expect from the 1800MHz PCN network that is T-Mobile's. I did hear that signals indoors can be very poor indeed and all the other gory stuff. So what I did was plant an easyMobile SIM into a handset (they are a T-Mobile MVNO) and carried it around with me everwhere to compare signal strength and availability against my 3 and Vodafone handsets. There was nothing in it. Where I had a signal with the other two I also had a viable signal with easyMobile/T-Mobile. It is the same network.

Subsequently I went over to T-Mobile proper and the story repeated itself. Wherever there was a valid Vodafone signal (I'd dumped 3 by now) there was an equally valid T-Mobile signal.

I have yet to experience any of the issues that are widely scaremongered about PCN in general and T-Mobile in particular. Given that I've had the handset for five months to date I really do not anticipate these horror stories coming to fruition any time soon now!
Old 17th August 2006, 12:56 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti has a spectacular aura aboutgetti has a spectacular aura about

You saw the N73 on 3?
Old 17th August 2006, 05:49 PM
Brand New Moderator

Yes mate - P4U are championing it at the moment..

...and cheers Handson.

Diggin' the 'Young Whatters' - lol
It always amazes me how people just call me that...

I never get called by my christian name anymore - hahaahah

But yeah - I think I'll do that.
Good thinking fella.

My contract isnt up until December officially but I blatantly said to them I'd go with T-Mobile anyway and just significantly reduce my tariff with VF until then - even from that they said they'd probably sort me out with an N73.

Cool - I'll get back to you when I get more info..

Old 17th August 2006, 06:11 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Blimey! By December who knows what wonderous offers will be on the table for you to pick and choose from

I got my Voda contract last December and it was a good 'un in terms of price and bits and pieces that I wanted. Impossible to get for anything less than £70 now, and I'm only (!!) paying £40pcm for it.

It'll be interesting to see if T-Mobile get all aggressive in their Tariffs - they did an intial discount of 25% on the Flext for life - which is worth a bob or two over the 18 months. I'm on Flext 35 with WNW for £32.something a month!

When I'm back in the market [June 2007 earliest] HSDPA will be out on all networks (one hopes), data tariffs will be realistically priced or bundled within the contract. I'd like to think that T-Mobile will have an attractive tariff that incorporates Voice, Videocalling, Text, MMS and HDSPA Data to the handset (I'll USB or Bluetooth to the laptop/PDA) for around £40pcm. I'll 'ave some of that
Old 17th August 2006, 11:52 PM

HandsOn,

Sounds like T-mobile are quite good from what I have been reading in your posts, i'm with orange at pressent and looking to move on soon as I can......i'm waiting for the n93 to come out on contract from a main network op, just waiting to see which one......have you heard if T-mobile will be offering it at some stage?
Old 18th August 2006, 12:04 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

@Alio - I've been very happy with T-Mobile to date. It all works as it should on the Nokia 6280 (which strangely seems not to be on their website anymore!).

I have not got any information regarding the N93 on T-Mobile, its going to be a bit of a watch and wait situation. Probably a bit early days yet.

However, all may not be lost, I think that you'll be able to get the N93 from an independent dealer even if T-Mobile themselves do not offer it online or from their shops (worth checking both first). If you are really after the N93 early it may be you'll have to compromise by going to an independent. Although I share your preference to deal with the network operator.
Old 18th August 2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands0n
However, all may not be lost, I think that you'll be able to get the N93 from an independent dealer even if T-Mobile themselves do not offer it online or from their shops (worth checking both first). If you are really after the N93 early it may be you'll have to compromise by going to an independent. Although I share your preference to deal with the network operator.

Yeah, I have had a look about at some of the independent dealers, they are still pretty damn pricey though, I was going to get one with foneplanet for £50, but bottled out because they sent me an email after order confirmation that I thought was asking a bit much and in my opinion looked a bit ify......if it was for credit check reasons, most companies can check you out without having to ask you to send them documentation.......plus I had already given them all my bank account details during the order process and paid via my credit card.

Quote:
(The email they sent me!)
Thank you for your order from foneplanet. In order for us to process your contract we need you to send us the following information: 1. Proof of address (this should be either a bank statement or utility bill within the last 3 months) 2. Proof of signature (this could be either your driving license or passport copy) 3. If the phone you have ordered is worth over £500, there will be a £19.99 insured delivery charge with the order. 4. The network/provider you have selected to purchase this contract from may also request a deposit. The information required can either be emailed to (Please quote your order number)
So......not to sure about independent dealers now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode