Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > Nokia 3G News Articles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nokia 3G News Articles Please post news articles related to Nokia here. All articles should include a link to the source unless you're writing them yourself.

Old 27th September 2006, 08:21 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold
Default New Nokia Music Editions

They're at it again ..... updating existing handsets ......

Quote:
Nokia to ship 8GB hard drive music phone by year's end

Nokia today (26/9/06) unveiled a version of its N91 mobile phone fitted with an 8GB hard drive. The handset was joined by Music Edition versions of a number of other N series devices, part of Nokia's plan to pitch the phone family as a viable alternative to Apple's iPod.

All three Music Edition handsets - the N91, N73, N70 - all sync up with Windows Media Player and support the WMA music format. That's undoubtedly a result of Nokia's acquisition of digital music distributor Loudeye, which has always used Microsoft media technology.

The N91 8GB can also play MP3, AAC, AAC+ and eAAC+ tracks, as can the other handsets in the line-up. Nokia said it was bundling an update version of its PC Suite data synchronisation software with Music Manager rip and transfer code.

The N70 and N73 incorporate 1GB and 2GB of memory, respectively. That's more than the non-Music Edition versions, but Nokia didn't indicate whether the extra comes from bundled Micro SD cards or is on-board storage.

The N70 Music Edition and N73 Music Edition are expected to go on sale next month. The Nokia N91 8GB should ship by the end of the year. They will be priced - unsubsidised at around €350, €450 and €550, respectively (£234-369/$446-701). ®

Article Source: The Register
Footnote: Nokia are going to have to do better, much better, if they really want to take on the iPod with its accompanying iTunes software which is superb! Windows Media Player does not have truly competing functionality and tight integration with the hardware that iTunes has with the iPod range. I've only recently got to grips with iTunes having shunned all things Apple for a long time, and have to say that it is formidable on its own. Coupled with an iPod it has to make collecting and managing audio and video a trivial thing to do.
Old 27th September 2006, 10:37 AM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

Having waited an AGE for T-Mobile to get the N73 on their phone range..
(latest update: mid october)

..I wonder if its worth waiting to see if they'll support the N73 ME.

I don't think I'll hold my breath!
Old 27th September 2006, 10:57 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

miffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura about

8gb eh ?

wonder if nokia are trying to create the worlds first >1 kilo handset ?

I am not vey techy - so can somone please explain to me why put an 4/8gb hard drive in a device when 4gb sd cards are available ?

are there any advantages ? surely the solid state memory has to be better ?
Old 27th September 2006, 12:30 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

It's tonnes cheaper, though with Apple ramming solid state memory into those Nano's it seems a bit crazy for anything under 10GB these days to be HDD based.
Old 27th September 2006, 12:34 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatleydude View Post
Having waited an AGE for T-Mobile to get the N73 on their phone range..
(latest update: mid october)

..I wonder if its worth waiting to see if they'll support the N73 ME.

I don't think I'll hold my breath!
I don't suppose we have any T-Mobile employees who post here do we?
Old 27th September 2006, 12:38 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

No regulars, but you could try these folk: https://talk3g.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode