Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > Nokia N95
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30th September 2006, 01:40 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all
Default N95 Official Technical Specification

http://www.nseries.com/nseries/v2/me...=en&country=US

Operating Frequency
• WCDMA HSDPA 2100 and EGSM850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• Automatic switching between bands and modes

Dimensions
• Volume: 90 cc
• Weight: 120 g
• Length: 99 mm
• Width: 53 mm
• Thickness (max): 21 mm

Memory Functions
• Up to 160 MB* internal dynamic memory for messages, ringing tones, images, video clips, calendar notes, to-do list and applications
• Expandable memory: 128 MB microSD card**
• Memory card slot supporting up to 2 GB microSD memory cards
* Changes to product details are possible without prior notice. Application offering may vary. Dynamic memory means that the available memory is shared between dynamic memory functions. When any of these functions is used, there is less available memory for other functions which are also dependent on dynamic memory.

** Please note that the availability and memory capacity of a memory card in the sales package may vary depending on the market and/or your network operator/service provider.

Power Management
• Battery: Nokia Battery (BL-5F) 950mAH
• Talk time: up to 190min (WCDMA), up to 390 min (GSM)*
• Stand-by time: up to 233 hours (WCDMA), up to 228h (GSM)*/div> * Operation times may vary depending on radio access technology used, operator network configuration and usage.

Displays
• Large 2.6" QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) TFT display with ambient light detector and up to 16 million colors

User Interface
• User Interface: S60 3rd Edition
• Dedicated music keys
• Active standby screen

Call Management
• Contacts: advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and e-mail details per entry, also supports thumbnail pictures and groups
• Speed dialing
• Logs: keeps lists of your dialed, received, and missed calls
• Automatic redial
• Automatic answer (works with compatible headset or car kit only)
• Supports fixed dialing number, which allows calls only to predefined numbers
• Conference call
• Push to talk (PoC)

Voice Features
• Speaker independent name dialing (SIND)
• Voice commands
• Voice recorder
• Talking ringtone
• Integrated hands-free speaker

Messaging
• Text messaging: supports concatenated SMS, picture messaging, SMS distribution list
• Multimedia messaging: combine image, video, text, and audio clip and send as MMS to a compatible phone or PC; use MMS to tell your story with a multi-slide presentation
• Automatic resizing of your megapixel images to fit MMS (max. 300 KB attachment size depending on the network)
• Predictive text input: support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific

Data Transfer*
• WCDMA 2100 with simultaneous voice and packet data (PS max speed UL/DL= 384/384kbps, CS max speed 64kbps)
• Dual Transfer Mode (DTM) support for simultaneous voice and packet data connection in GSM/EDGE networks. Simple class A, multi slot class 11, max speed DL/UL: 177.6/118.4 kbits/s
• EGPRS class B, multi slot class 32, max speed DL/UL= 296 / 177.6 kbits/s
*Actual achieved speeds may vary depending on network support.

Connectivity
• Integrated wireless LAN (802.11 b/g) and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
• Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology v.2.0
• USB 2.0 via Pop-Port™ interface and mass storage class support to support drag and drop functionality
• 3.5 mm stereo headphone plug and TV out support (PAL/NTSC)
• Nokia PC Suite connectivity with USB, Infrared and Bluetooth wireless technology
• Local synchronization of contacts and calendar to a compatible PC using compatible connection
• Remote over-the-air synchronization
• Send and receive images, video clips, graphics, and business cards via Bluetooth wireless technology

Java Applications
• Java MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1 (Connected Limited Device Configuration (J2ME))
• Over-the-air download of Java-based applications and games

Other Applications
• Personal Information Management (PIM)
• Advanced S60 PIM features including calendar, contacts, to-do list, and PIM printing
• Settings Wizard for easy configuration of e-mail, push to talk and video sharing.
• Data transfer application for transfer of PIM information from other compatible Nokia devices.

Digital Services
• Java and Symbian applications available from Nokia Software Market
Return to top
See New - Mobile Photography and Video
Imaging and Video
• Up to 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) camera, Carl Zeiss optics, Vario-Tessar lens, MPEG-4 VGA video capture of up to 30 fps
• Direct connection to compatible TV via Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-64U, included in box) or wireless LAN/UPnP
• Front camera, CIF (352 x 288) sensor
• Video call and video sharing support (WCDMA network services)
• Integrated flash
• Digital stereo microphone
• Flash modes: on, off, automatic
• Rotating gallery
• Online album/blog: photo/video uploading from gallery
• Nokia Lifeblog 2.0 support
• Video and still image editors
• Movie director for automated video production

Mobile Video
• Video resolutions: up to VGA (640x480) at 30 fps
• Audio recording: AAC stereo
• Digital video stabilization
• Video clip length: limited by available memory
• Video file format .mp4 (default), .3gp (for MMS)
• White balance: automatic, sunny, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent
• Scene: automatic, night
• Colour tones: normal, sepia, black & white, negative
• Zoom: (optical / digital) 1x / up to 10 x (VGA up to 4x)

Mobile Photography
• Image resolution: up to 5 megapixel: (2592 x 1944 pixels)
• Still image file format: JPEG/EXIF
• Auto focus
• Auto exposure - center weighted
• Exposure compensation: +2 ~ -2EV at 0.5 step
• White balance: automatic, sunny, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent
• Scene: automatic, user, close-up, landscape, night, night portrait
• Colour tone: normal, sepia, black & white, negative
• Zoom (optical/digital) 1x / up to 20x (5 megapixel up to 6x)

Camera Specifications
• Sensor: CMOS, 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944)
• Carl Zeiss Optics: Vario-Tessar lens
• Focal length 5.6 mm
• Focus range 10 cm ~ infinity
• Macro focus distance 10-50 cm
• Shutter speed: Mechanical shutter: 1/1000~1/3 s

Nokia XpressPrint solution
• Transfer photos directly to compatible printer or kiosk via Bluetooth wireless technology, memory card, wireless LAN (UPnP) or directly to PictBridge-compliant printer via USB cable.
• Built-in application is quick and easy to use; no installation, no fuss
• Order prints online
• Find out more about Nokia XpressPrint

Nokia XpressShare solution
• Easy sharing of captured photos and videos directly from the gallery or straight after capture
• via e-mail or Bluetooth wireless technology while retaining full image quality or via MMS with automatic resizing of 3.2 megapixel images to fit MMS
• Two-way video call capability
• Video sharing for one-way live video or video clip sharing within the voice call
• Find out more about Nokia XpressShare

Nokia XpressTransfer solution
• Transfer and organise photos and videos between your device and compatible PC
• Deletion or resizing of the images and videos transferred from the device. Resizing means you can carry a large collection of photos and videos on your device and full quality versions are stored on the PC
• Gallery view of photos and videos transferred to PC
• Find out more at www.nokia.com/xpresstransfer

Return to top
Hear New - Mobile Music
Music Features
• Digital music player - supports MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/WMA/M4A with playlists and equalizer.
• Integrated handsfree speaker
• OMA DRM 2.0 support for music
• Stereo FM radio (87.5-108MHz /76-90MHz) with Visual Radio support
Return to top
Do New - Mobile Computing and Connectivity
Navigation
• Built-in GPS

• Easy-to-use e-mail client with attachment support for images, videos, music and documents
• Compatible with Nokia Wireless Keyboard (sold separately)

Browsing
• Nokia Web Browser with Mini map

Digital home
• Play video, music and photos on home media network - compatible TV, stereo and PC over WLAN/UPnP
Return to top
Watch New - Media to-go
RealPlayer media player
• Full-screen video playback to view downloaded, streamed or recorded video clips
• Supported video formats : MPEG-4 , H.264/AVC , H.263/3GPP, RealVideo 8/9/10
Return to top
Package Contents
Sales Package Contents
• Nokia N95
• Nokia Video Connectivity Cable CA-75U
• Nokia Connectivity Cable DKE-2
• Nokia Stereo Headset HS-45, AD-43
• Nokia Battery BL-5F
• Nokia Travel Charger AC-5
Old 1st October 2006, 11:14 AM

KingMatt2511 is on a distinguished road

My aim in life is to own one of those!
Old 1st October 2006, 12:36 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Eh? ..... Wha?...... I fell asleep halfway through reading the spec sheet! Jeez this is a busy handset - War And Peace was a quicker read
Old 1st October 2006, 04:59 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to allBen is a name known to all

I wasn't sure whether to post all of it, but in the end I decided the length of the thing was probably a good indication of just how much is going on with the N85, lol. I'm still not sure about this phone - Nokia's most technologically ambitious products are usually experimental at best by the time they reach the consumer. That, and late.
Old 2nd October 2006, 12:15 AM
T3G Super Mod

3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light3g-g is a glorious beacon of light

As I said before, wet, positively wet with excitement! :P *puts another £1 in the piggy bank*
Old 2nd October 2006, 07:58 AM
todayon3g.co.uk

getti will become famous soon enoughgetti will become famous soon enough

A nokia centre conacted me just after the event and sent me some shots of the phone with some good links to info (just specs).

Also told me they will be sending me a review model BEFORE release!.

Cant wait!. Expencive allow you to pre-order now...... did i say Expencive? i mean Expansys (but its the same thing )
Old 2nd October 2006, 08:31 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice3GScottishUser is just really nice

Nice phone but not a huge leap forward from the N80. The big plus on the N95 is HSDPA but I doubt if that will be much good to anyone until the networks rethink the cost of data.
Old 2nd October 2006, 10:19 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GScottishUser View Post
Nice phone but not a huge leap forward from the N80. The big plus on the N95 is HSDPA but I doubt if that will be much good to anyone until the networks rethink the cost of data.
T-Mobile could probably do this handset justice with their Web N Walk plans [existing and imminent]. The other networks need to really work much harder to tempt us onto their data networks. Contrary to their [obvious] opinion us Brits do not like to be financially shafted each time we try and use the Internet from our handsets. That, and that alone, is why we do not make more use of it - forget all the bells and whistles trimmings.

The N95 camera is rated highly with the Carl Zeiss optics - something which the N80 apparently is quite poor at (shame on Nokia for not having flagship optics on their flagship handset!). Many appear to be disappointed with these. I'm sort of glad that I did not take the plunge for a SIM-free - the spec was mouthwatering, but the reality of the Camera quality put me right off.

The N95 could do it for me ...... but by June 2007 who knows what choices will be on the table before me
Old 2nd October 2006, 04:27 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

3 are launching HSDPA before xmas this year. Means my N73 only has to last me another 2 months

Will be an LG, the Razr Maxx at start with another phone not known yet and the N95 WILL also come onto 3.
Old 26th October 2006, 08:58 PM
Weighs about 4 £2 coins now

Gagz will become famous soon enoughGagz will become famous soon enough

Any idea on price yet? Ive seen rumors of about 550 euros which works out about £380 which is toooo much :\ obviously people on eBay will be selling it for £250-£300 like normal with latest phones. I might pick one off ebay in March when my Vodafone contract ends cause i want to go back to PAYG and change phone.

Cant wait too see some video made with the phone and pictures taken with it, theres quite alot of videos of the n95 in action @ the mo on youtube :d looks a wicked phone though bit of a shame about only 160mb internal memory although im not complaining much

Downsides - Low memory, kak battery aswell, buttons seem a bit small to press (numberkeys)
Upside - Everything else

Last edited by Gagz : 26th October 2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 29th October 2006, 01:06 AM
Talk3G Admin

I'd imagine SIM-Free it'll retail above £400 for the first couple of months. Contract prices will probably start around £150.
Old 29th October 2006, 05:35 PM
todayon3g.co.uk

At launch i would expect a sim free price around £600 for the people who can't wait. I was in this group but might wait a bit... Say 6 weeks. I am gonna get a tytn.. Well a m3100 which is hsdpa and use that for a bit. Plus i have a review n95 coming december or january before launch so expect lots of info about it on here
Old 5th December 2006, 03:11 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

I've been having a play today - Lots and lots of fun this is..

I think I've DEFINITELY found the first candidate for My Next Phone.

The best app so far?

Connecting via the office wi-fi and downloading the top 100 Google Videos.

Tops.

EDIT - I expected it to be so much bigger - I can't get over how managable it is - y'know? It's not that huge at all..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05122006252.jpg (74.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 05122006253.jpg (130.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 05122006256.jpg (154.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 05122006258.jpg (114.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 5th December 2006, 04:15 PM
Talk3G Admin

How was the OS? Stable and quick? Or is that too much to hope for.
Old 5th December 2006, 05:21 PM
Brand New Moderator

whatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the roughwhatleydude is a jewel in the rough

Admittedly - it IS a bit buggy - but yeah - it is VERY smooth..

The buttons are a bit fiddly mind.
The left and right 'softkeys' are a bugger to get to sometimes - and it's not entirely clear which button you should be pushing etc..
But I do like it.

The 5mp cam is just amazing.
Booting the cam up with that huge screen just has to be seen to be believed!

One thing of note - no 'pop-port' - it has, what seems to be, a mini-usb port on the base.

Moving round to the right side it has the same buttons as the N73, (Take Photo, Gallery, Volume), on the top: the power button and on the left we have the 3.5mm Jack, IR and mem card door.

But yeah - no Nokia pop-port.

Hmmm..
Old 5th December 2006, 08:29 PM

E616Vboy123 is on a distinguished road

whatleydude: why is there a "Nokia 6680 3" sticker on your 6680??? Is it just in case you forget what it is?

Pop Port would not be missed by me - on my 6230i it broke so making my expensive DKU-2 totally useless
Old 5th December 2006, 11:35 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Looking good Maybe if its out by June 2007 and is de-bugged I'll be grabbing one of these as an upgrade on either Voda or T-Mob. Which would be nice.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:40 PM
Brand New Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E616Vboy123 View Post
whatleydude: why is there a "Nokia 6680 3" sticker on your 6680??? Is it just in case you forget what it is?
Lol - not everyone in my office can recognise a phone just by looking at it..

(believe it or not!)

Plus - if all of them are labelled then we know which ones are ours and which ones are testers that we have to send back...
Notice - no sticker on the N95... *sniff* ..s'gotta go back eventually.

Reckon I might see if I can steal it away for the weekend or something.

One thing I noticed immediately (and I may've already mentioned this) is the size of the thing.
I was expecting it to be much bigger...

But - well you can see - it's no bigger than you're average S60 handset.

Hehehe..
Old 5th December 2006, 11:42 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

*Watleydude tries a whole new take on "Something for the weekend sir?"*

Old 7th December 2006, 09:54 AM
Brand New Moderator

Heheh...

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

It is VERY buggy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode