Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N73
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 6th December 2006, 12:30 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light
Question Possible Speedstepping?

Ok, I might be going crazy, but my N73 seems to be much more 'zippy' when it's fully charged. When charge gets low the speed of the thing seems to slow down... not (my) N80 slow, but a marked loss of performance. It's amazing how much snappier it is this morning after a night on charge.

Perhaps the processor has some sort of speed stepping ability?
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:46 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

miffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura about

I find a similar thing with my E61

...the more noticable thing I see , is that the battery will show a moderate / high charge - then I will use the browser the "low battery" warning will come up and the meter will drop to empty - then , when I kill the browser - it will go back up again - and last for a normal amount of time ( instead of dieing , as the low battery warning suggested it was about to )

This confirms that the browser is indeed power hungry - so maybe they have addressed this in the N73 ( with it's smaller battery I'd imagine) by making the browser less power hungry when battery levels are lower - rather than letting it run at full power and drain the battery as it does on the e61 ?

TBH I'd rather have it on full power all the time , or user switchable rather than having the phone choose itself !

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode