Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N73
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd January 2007, 02:47 PM
Regular Poster

chagle is on a distinguished road
Unhappy N73 - Slow

Hi All,

Got my N73 today (T-Mobile) and I have to say.. it's slow! With the 6280 going in/out of items and menus was instant, with the N73 it's slow to refresh.

I'm on v. 3.0638.0.0.1

Anyone else having/had this issue?

Not had too much time to play with it yet.. but this is one thing that I need to sort. :-(

Glen.
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:19 PM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

I'm on v2 software (generic) and the handset speed is fine. Have you used a Series 60 handset before?

Your 6280 was Series 40, a far more basic but much faster operating system.
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:22 PM
Regular Poster

This is my first one to be honest. So that's perhaps why I'm a little shocked...

Maybe, in reality this is the way "it's supposed to be" ... I've just checked the Nokia Updater and reflashed... same.

Maybe I'll get used to it!

Glen.
Old 3rd January 2007, 03:23 PM
Regular Poster

[quote=Ben;18961]I'm on v2 software (generic) and the handset speed is fine. Have you used a Series 60 handset before?

How can I get this Ben? Not from a Nokia SC? They'd always reflashed with a T-Mobile build?
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:20 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

S60 is a bit more "clunky" than S40 on the 6280. My [old] Nokia 6680 lumbers along like an elephant in comparison to the nippy 6280. But its not too bad
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:21 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

[quote=chagle;18963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I'm on v2 software (generic) and the handset speed is fine. Have you used a Series 60 handset before?

How can I get this Ben? Not from a Nokia SC? They'd always reflashed with a T-Mobile build?
I dont know if you can try the "change the product ID code" trick that has been posted elsewhere on here with reference to upgrading the firmware on other S60 Nokias (I think the N80 iirc).
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:10 PM
Regular Poster

I'm kinda getting used to it now. You soon forget how the old phone was.

I'm liking the features.. trouble is, I've had sliders for a while, 6280 before that D600 / D500 and I still keep trying to the top part of the phone, Makes me chuckle!

It didn't come with many graphic files and videos. Any suggest a decent memory card at a decent price?

Glen

PS - Does anyone know if the 6280 can be unlocked? I've done a search and looks like it can't .. but things might have change.. i.e. people may have beaten "the system" :-)
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:14 PM
Talk3G Super Mod

For memory cards check out http://www.mobymemory.com - their prices are hard to beat.

The 6280 has the same BB5 SP Locking that the S60 are using these days. There is rumour and supposition that it has been broken, but not seen any evidence that this is so ...... .yet!

T-Mob will give you the unlock code if you ask/pay for it. Not sure if you'll have to wait for the entire contract to mature.
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:21 PM
Regular Poster

Hello!

Thanks for the info. Wow, didn't realise 1 - 2Gig cards were so cheap!!

I've emailed TM about getting the 6280 unlocked. Always handy as a spare phone anyway.

Glen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode