Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N73
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 14th January 2007, 12:35 AM

delinquentwoody has a spectacular aura aboutdelinquentwoody has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation potential software problem

does anyone else with an n73 experience problems with the memory on it?

when browsing the internet with the nokia browser, it's almost as if the phone will sometimes keep loading the website when it has no memory left, and the application then exits without warning.

It seems to do this a third of the time, the other two thirds the correct 'memory low' warning message will come on. It's just very frustrating when it does this, because I then have to load the browser up from scratch again and find where i was.

Another glitch I've noticed on the browser is when using the * and # keys to zoom into and out of webpages, they work fine on the first window, but when you have multiple windows open pressing # on the second window causes the browser to crash and exit, which is quite annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? And is there some sort of bug-fix or software upgrade that can fix this?
Old 14th January 2007, 12:40 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

What version of the firmware are you running (do *#0000# to find out)

Have you tried the Nokia Software Updater? Not sure if it has anything for your implementation of the N73 (on 3) but worth a try to see if an update is available. Check it out here http://europe.nokia.com/A4176089?6085

If there's nothing there at the moment it may be worth checking back frequently.
Old 14th January 2007, 01:00 AM

delinquentwoody has a spectacular aura aboutdelinquentwoody has a spectacular aura about

thanks for that handson!

i'm downloading the software updater now so hopefully that'll solve it.

my phone's firmware version is

V2.0628.0.0.1
10/07/2006
RM-133
Nokia N73 (54.02)
Old 14th January 2007, 01:09 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

Hands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to beholdHands0n is a splendid one to behold

Its a painless process, largely, but make sure you follow the instrux carefully. I'd keep the power adapter plugged in as well as the USB cable to the phone just to be sure.

Please do let us know how you get on, if it fixes the fault and what firmware version you end up with.
Old 14th January 2007, 03:17 AM
Talk3G Admin

Ben is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of lightBen is a glorious beacon of light

The latest versions of the software are v3, though I can't say I experienced your problem on v2. Fingers crossed it fixes it for you, though!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode