Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews  

Go Back   Talk3G Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews > Talk3G Handsets and Other Devices > Nokia 3G > N Series: N73
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 20th January 2007, 11:02 PM
Regular Poster

chagle is on a distinguished road
Default Firmware.

Hey All,

Well I've been doing a lot of searching Google (as you do) trying to tell if I have the latest firmware on my T-Mobile N73..

I think I have (v 3.0638.0.0.1)

Although there isn't much branding on the phone I would still like to get the generic FW on the phone.

How & where am I able to download any debranded FW code? :-)

Hear from you soon.

Glen

PS - N73 rocks!!
Old 21st January 2007, 10:05 AM
Talk3G Super Mod

miffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura aboutmiffed has a spectacular aura about

Can't give you a code (but a few choice words into Google WILL pull one up for you )
But I just want to remind you (and people reading this post ) that when you update using NSU , you do run the risk of killng your phone - and if you have changed the Product code , you DO run the risk of LOSING it with no possible comebacks
That said , I think it is a VERY SMALL risk , I have flashed my e61 twice (to diffent Product codes) and my 6630 twice also , and experienced no problems , ...... Well , there was one problem, the first tiime I flashed the e61 I got the dreaded "phone startup failed - contact retailer" - but fortunately there was a soloution to this on the net anyway , so I was able to revive it
Not trying to patronising - But I just like to give a "publc service announcement " when I see threads about flashing
Chances are , you'll be fine , but IMO it is a simple case of do not try it unless you are prepared to live without your phone if it all goes pear shaped
Old 21st January 2007, 10:17 AM
Regular Poster

chagle is on a distinguished road

I did lots of research last night and I have got the "Vanilla" code now on the phone! :-)

Dead easy actually, changed the product code with a utility found in many forums and then just updated the phone with the Nokia Updater.

Worked a treat!

Not much changed with the Vanilla, I'm pleased to say T-Mobile didn't overbrand anyway.

Glen.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode